1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Budget camcorder for recording at night

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by HarryHedgehog, Nov 9, 2002.

1. HarryHedgehog

HarryHedgehog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking for a budget camcorder that will allow me to film at night in darkness. I have read that the Panasonic DS29 and 30 have a 0 Lux nightview facility - would this be sitable or are there any better digital camcorders for filming at night.

Any suggestions or advice would be very welcome

HarryH

2. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The Sony DCRTRV140E Digital 8 camera is very cheap at the moment (£299 @ amazon.co.uk)

It has Super NightShot/Colour Slow Shutter. I have no experience of this particular model, but have used an older Sony Digi8 at night-time and it was very impressive - it gives you that greenish BlairWitch feel.

3. mjr600

mjr600

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had my Sony TRV238 DHi8 for a few days and had the chance to use it at a late bonfire party on Saturday evening. The nightshot which could be considered a gimmick was superb. It works really well pulling in all the light it can in normal nightshot mode and increases to 16x light amplification with Super-nightshot. Can't rate it highly enough.