Budget Bluetooth\Wireless DAC (Zen Blue or similar)

Hi,

I'm looking to add bluetooth or wireless capability to my setup. I want something that's convenient for easily connecting my phone/my friends phones and offers improved quality over the £15 Amazon bluetooth reciever I currently have.

I've been looking at the iFi Zen Blue, but have noticed that this is a bluetooth device only and does not allow me to use other digital inputs. Although a secondary purpose, I wonder if it's worth having a USB input for my PC, as this is the way I play the majority of my lossless audio collection.

Currently my digital inputs generally go from my PC to my speakers via my studio equipment - either a Presonus Audiobox audio inteface or Numark NS6 DJ controller. I'm guessing that these include DACs that are at a similar level of quality to what I could get for my budget (under £200) - so I don't have much to gain by buying a DAC with Bluetooth as one of several inputs over the dedicated Zen Blue.

Is this roughly speaking a correct assumption to make?

Does anyone have experience of the Zen Blue or know of other devices I should be considering?

Thanks in advance.

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
I assume you don’t have the USB audiobox?

Ps are you using active speakers?

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom