Budget AV Receiver

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by happyhotspur, Dec 31, 2006.

1. happyhotspur

happyhotspur

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I am about to replace my ancient Denon AVC1530 (top of the range in its day) but will probably have to down size as am moving and the room will be smaller than at present so was looking at the Denon 1507, however this only comes in Silver and I must have Black to match all my other equipment.

Any suggestions I looked at the new Sony 1200 but at £400 its gonna be a little bit to much.

Toshibe 32WLT66, Denon 1930 or Oppo931, Mission 73s and centre and subwoofer. I also have a DenonDCD825 CD player but this is also on its last legs. Sky HD.

:lease:

2. Gunner Rob

Gunner Rob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cambridge audio 540r v2. Great compact receiver, musically very good without too many video "functions". £270 and comes in black.

3. errolevans

errolevans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Richer Sounds are doing the Sony for £299, BUT I think it's just in Silver - might be worth a phone call though??

4. Benny06

Benny06

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Look no further!

Denon 1907 in black £280 delivered, inc VAT, with a 2 year waranty, in black :smashin:

Where you ask? Weymouth Hi-Fi, just got myself one.

http://www.hifisuppliers.co.uk/website/av-amps-receivers/denon-avr1907 black.htm

Have to ring weymouth on the number below, its not listed on their website, but they do sell it. Im impressed with mine. You can even rename the sources on screen to say things like Xbos 360, or PC, a nice little touch i thought!

Normally retails for £350! Richer sounds will do a price match as long as weymouth have it in stock.