Budget AV receiver options for 2.1

Fledermaus

Novice Member
Hi
I recently got my old Nad 310 out from the cupboard, bought some Q Acoustic Concept 20 speakers to replace my old JPWs, and I bought a used BK Gemini, and an Arylic S10 so I could stream from my phone - the main way in which I now listen to music.

However, the only way to connect my TV (LG CX 55) to the amp is a 3.5mm output to RCA. I am sure that a digital output would be better. Being able to control the amp with a remote would also be good, and I would like an amp with a dedicated crossover to separate the output to the speakers from the output to the sub. Which leads me to an AV receiver - I think. I don't want to spend much, and I am not interested in 5.1 performance, etc. I would probably be using the receiver as a 2.1 amp, with an output from the TV. I also want a receiver that has built-in Bluetooth and preferably wireless connectivity.

I've found the following, all going pretty cheaply (max £120):

Sony STR-DN1050

Yamaha RX-V479

Yamaha RX-V567

Are any of these way better (or worse) than the others? Any other suggestions? Or, for my limited purposes, am I beating up the wrong bush?
Thanks.

Last edited:

dobrykamil

Definitely go for str-dn1050.It’s a superb amp with really good sound.

Fledermaus

Novice Member
Thanks. I have looked at the comparative reviews for all 3 again and it does look like the Sony is the best option. Trigger pulled!

Fledermaus

Novice Member
I received it last night (seller from these forums lives very locally and kindly delivered it). I quickly set it up and it sounds AMAZING. Especially for £80! It feels like a remarkable bargain.

The latest video from AVForums

LG C1 OLED TV Best Picture Settings for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom