Budget Amp

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by raven219, Dec 29, 2006.

1. raven219

raven219

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    East Anglia (well someone has to live there!)
    Ratings:
    +22
    Before the little one becomes old enough to stick toast and jam into the Arcam kit, it is going to be moved from the lounge. I am planning on sticking in a budget kit. What would be your recommendations for a budget amp (up to £400) that would suit a system that is predominatley used for music but can deliver surround sound performance?

Cheers

2. Steve-O 2007

Steve-O 2007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Ive just bought the Yamaha AV59 Kit (Amp and Speakers) for £209 from my local Hifi dealer. I should have it all plugged in Tomorrow when the new TV arrives but I still need a Fibre Optic cable so will have to use Analouge input for now :(

Will let you know what it sounds like.

3. sunnyb4u

sunnyb4u

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there

i would heartly recommend the yamaha rx-v359 amp from richersounds.co.uk

it costs less than 150 quid and since i primarilly use it to power my acoustic energy evo 2x floorstanders they work well with this amp, music sounds great and so does movies and games through my xbox 360

i would also recommend that new sony 7.1 amp which is less than 400 quid that is better but since the yamaha is at a bargain price and it has 5x100 watts channels per speaker no biwire or bana posts here just use bare strands all is well

nice case it gets hot though so make sure its ventilated and it doesnt distort when you crank the volume up

hope this helps

:lease: :spam: =:eek: :eek: :eek: