1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Budget all-in-ones systems from Asda!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by jonhead34, Feb 1, 2005.

1. jonhead34

jonhead34
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all

I was in Asda today doing some food shopping and discovered that they do a budget all-in-one system for under £60! The brand is Pacific, which I believe is Asda's own label. They also do a cheap JVC all-in-one for under £150.

Incredible prices, but presumably, as ever, you get what you pay for? Just curious really - has anyone got either of these systems? If so, how do they perform. If you want a cheap solution, say in a child's bedroom, where it is only ever going to be played at low volume and on a small portable TV, perhaps something like this could be an option?

Cheers for now

Jon

2. Conn

Conn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    If you are putting surround sound in your childrens bedroom, could you adopt me?

:rotfl:

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    the JVC is the TH-S3 which in a small room for movies is pretty ok... it has issues bit for £150 for DVD player 5 speakers and AMP its not too terrible, Stereo would be better but the idea is there and better than cheap TV sound connectivity is very good actually PAL prgressive :ROTFL:
    http://www.jvc.co.uk/product.php?id=TH-S3E&catid=15&lid=

4. wicket

wicket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have bought cheaper systems for the kids' bedrooms and have been impressed with them. One cost about £60 with £30 off, when one of the Dixon's stores were shutting down AND it was a Matsui make but to be honest for a bedroom it is ideal, it would probably be fine in the lounge too. I also bought a speaker system for about £80 for the XBox room and that is great too. However, for the lounge I have gone for Denon 500 which I think is the best.