1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Budget All In One System

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Damo121, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Damo121

Damo121

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Anyone know of a good all in one system for around the £100-£150 mark.

I have seen a Matsui system in my local Currys for £90.

Cheers

Damo :)

2. rockbank

rockbank
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Damo,

I've just bought a LG C6235 DVD/VCR with tuner and amp with 5.1 speakers for £140 from Electrical Discount UK. Multiregion, long play, NTSC playback and all that.

Have a look on Kelkoo.co.uk

Arrived within two days of ordering.

As for it being "good" that's a bit more subjective but I've no complaints. Perhaps the more teccy conscious will notice every wrinkle but its ok for wwhat I need. But I'm working on the philosophy that whatever you buy now will be more or less out of date in three years time particularly with the new HDDTV's coming out which will be all singing all dancing. You could spend up to £1000 on a system which would sound truly superb but I doubt in the long run if its worth spending that sort of money at this time.

As for Currys/Dixons/PC World I have nothing but bad things to say about them. Lousy service, items that don't work and are out of stock and their enthusiasm for selling overpriced Coverplans have led me to avoid them like the plague.

RB

3. SimonG156

SimonG156

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    My father has recently purchased the Sony HTK250 from empiredirect for around £140 pounds.

It is in a totally different class to the Asda/Argos type ones that can be had for thr 60-100 mark. Next best thing to a full blown seperates system. It also has 2xoptical, 1xdigital coax, 2xphone and an fm tuner.

Highly recommended. Retails at many places for £400.00 and got 96% in a What Home Cinema review at that price.

4. Damo121

Damo121

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    As for Currys/Dixons/PC World I have nothing but bad things to say about them. Lousy service, items that don't work and are out of stock and their enthusiasm for selling overpriced Coverplans have led me to avoid them like the plague.

Cheers RB

I know what you mean, I try and avoid places like that too. I just have a look from time to time to see what the products are like in the flesh and to question the staff on their technical knowledge (not), they just do not know what they are talking about.

Will check out kelkoo and empire direct.

Damo :)