Budget 5.1 speakers/speaker package?

Reaction score
I currently rock a Yamaha RX-V373 with a Tannoy subwoofer and Onkyo satellite speakers from an Onkyo all in one package. I want to start slowly upgrading my setup because I have had these satellites for ages. I don't know whether to buy decent speakers here and there or just buy a full budget speaker setup. What do you recommend?

I currently rock a Yamaha RX-V373 with a Tannoy subwoofer and Onkyo satellite speakers from an Onkyo all in one package. I want to start slowly upgrading my setup because I have had these satellites for ages. I don't know whether to buy decent speakers here and there or just buy a full budget speaker setup. What do you recommend?

Find a range that you like the look and sound of and get the front 3 together. Then add surrounds at a later date. If you buy a budget set you will almost always end up having to replace aooner rather than later anyway.

If you dont mind 2nd hand there are plenty of bargains to be had in the classifieds. Good luck

What is your budget?
I would probably look to spend around £300-400 on the front 3 as a start.

look for q acoustics,even there first set,the 1010i would be a huge step up.

Lol! Yes I was looking at the reviews of the q acoustics and seem like a decent enough setup to start off with and not too taxing on my wallet. Might just hold until the Jan sales to see if they go down in price. Thanks!

the out going 2000i package would be a great buy.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom