• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Budget 5.1 amp+speakers (£200)

brendan_dj

Established Member
I'm searching (for my father) for a budget Home-Cinema amp+speakers.

His 15 year-old midi-hifi (stereo CD+cassette+radio) has finally died. He used to have it connected to his DVD player to produce stereo sound when watching movies. He wishes to replace it spending £100-£200.

I am trying to convince him to go a step up in the world and replace it with a 5.1 cinema sound system.

Does anybody have a recommendation for a setup for less than £200. He does NOT want to replace his DVD player.

How about a Yamaha RXV350 amp and NSP 110 sub-sat speaker package for a total of £180 from Richer sounds?

He is coming round my house tonight so that I can demonstrate Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS sound through my system. Hopefully, he'll be blown away by my Denon AVR2105 and Denon DVD2910 to convince him NOT to buy an ordinary stereo.

brendan_dj

Established Member
I think, after doing some more searching, I have found my own answer:
AV-Forums thread on Yamaha 357

I think my Dad will be pleased that he can get a good system for such a low price. He isn't one for cranking up the volume to get a loud blasting sound. The Yamaha 357 should be ideal for his small living room.

£119 for the 357 at Richer Sounds...

But what about speakers? Because power is not of the essence here, I guess the NSP 110 is good enough and keeps the total under £200.

Brendan

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom