Answered Budget 43/32" with good sound

NathanXCV

Novice Member
Reaction score
What would you say is the best budget 43/32" with good sound in the EU/the Netherlands?

I prefer 1080p over 720p, but sound is more important.

Hisense A series imported from Germany maybe @desinho knows availability there better than me.

Good sound is a big ask, I don't think any TVs have good sound that small. Sometimes you see "off brands" with soundbars integrated like Cello here in the UK but their sound is still very poor.

I would go for the 39 or 43 inch AE5500 on Amazon Germany. Should have the same 7 watt speakers as used in the A6200 reviewed here Hisense A6200 (H50A6200UK) Review (the other [eastern european] review I found of the 43AE5600 also thought the sound was 'solid'.
Sound Quality
Thanks to its direct LED backlight the Hisense A6200 has a relatively deep chassis, which means there’s more space in the TV for larger speakers, and the bigger the speaker, the better the sound. As a result, the TV actually sounds pretty good for a 50-inch budget model, despite the use of a pair of downward-firing drivers. There’s 7W of amplification for each speaker and, while that might not sound like a lot, it’s sufficient for most TV viewing.

The A6200 is never going to deliver a big room-filling sound and, if you push the volume too high, it will start to distort. However, it can deliver a decent soundstage with a solid mid-range and high-end. The bass is unsurprisingly limited but dialogue is clear and music has some good stereo imaging. If you’re a film fan you should consider investing in a soundbar, but for general TV viewing the A6200 is more than capable of delivering a passable audio experience.

The 43A5000 I ordered arrived today, it sounded pretty okay before I hooked them up to a receiver (also has the 7 watt setup; after switching back it didn't sound all that good anymore ^^). The available picture settings are pretty sparse on this model (not even a backlight setting and picture presets very poor and most settings locked; luckily there is a custom/personal mode available where you can adjust things with good results); on the AE5500 they are like the A6200 since it also has the Vidaa U software.
And the 43" is definitely a VA AUO panel (like the 39" should be as well but I now haven't had the chance to proof it. Also seemed to be "flicker free"/no PWM dimming; couldn't see any lines running across the screen trough a camera. Reading some Hisense reviews on Rtings it might just be at very high frequency):

Hi43AE5000.jpg

Last edited:
Very interesting, thanks!

I currently have a LT32E310EW and the speakers are garbage (in my opinion).

How do you think that the speakers of the AE5500 compare to a budget soundbar like the JBL Bar Studio?

Personally I think practically any external solution is an improvement over downfiring or backfiring internal speakers on most tv's. But let me do some more testing tomorrow, haven't played with the custom sound settings yet (only the presets)
After checking this video it would probably be no contest (and in favour of the soundbar):

Last edited:
When you read reviews for soundbars integrated into higher end, larger TVs being criticized then it makes you realise there really is no substitute for a designated solution.

Sound is very subjective though, some people have been surprised how good their new TV sounds, some people disappointed.

Had a listen to the tv again last night since it was still too warm to sleep. Sounded fine for normal tv programming but not for movies or music (there was nothing much to adjust in the Personal profile for sound).
For sound you would be better off getting the AE5000 and then the JBL soundbar for another €99, rather than getting the 43AE5500 for ~€285 (vs ~€299 for the 5000+soundbar)

Do you know if there's any difference between the 5000/5500 and the 5100/5600?
Hisense TVs? Differences will be aesthetic and if there is ANY difference in features it will be in supported WiFi standards.

Do you know if there's any difference between the 5000/5500 and the 5100/5600?
Haven't been able to spot any other than who and where it's sold by. The 5000/5100 don't have any Wifi at all (nor ethernet) so not even possible to be a difference in it. Looks exactly the same as well.

32" : Tweakers :D
Or more realistically: Tweakers (didn't even know it came in a 32" version) Of course the addition of the speaker itself might still make it too big to fit?

Last edited:
I think the Philips TV is interesting, but the reviews I have read so far are not very positive. I also looked at the 32PFS5803, but I can't figure out if it has a VA panel and there are also a lot of negative reviews about it.

Maybe I'll just try to make room for the H39AE5500/H39A5600.

Is the H40BE5500 basically the same? It's touted as a newer model by Amazon.

Edit: I just went to the Media Markt and 39/40/43" is too big...

Edit2: Going to decide between the 32PFS5803 and the H32AE5500/H32A5600/H32BE5500.

Edit3: Toshiba 32L3863. VA, direct LED, 6Wx2 speakers...

Edit4: Just found this TV: B07HBJT2JC
It's specifications sure look good...

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom