Budget 39/40 inch TV

waterman6

Standard Member
Hi, I'm hoping for some advice please. My TV has just given up the ghost and I'm looking for another one - either 39 or 40 inch.

I've already got a Amazon Fire TV stick so I'm not that bothered about smart features. And I've also got a Freeview Plus HD box that I'm happy with so I'm not that bothered about Freeview Play either.

I enjoy watching sport so a tv with decent motion would be good. I'm looking to spend up to £370.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers

Dodgexander

If you are size limited to 40" you have basically one option; the Panasonic 40HX800. That is unless you're happy going for a HD TV.
I enjoy watching sport so a tv with decent motion would be good. I'm looking to spend up to £370.
These don't start to appear until you reach 48/49" in size and a lot more expensive. Smaller TVs now are bottom of the range models.

waterman6

Standard Member
The reason I wanted a 39/40 inch tv is because my sofa is roughly only about 6ft (72inches) away from the TV. And I know you're supposed to divide that by 2 to get your recommended screen size - so that makes it roughly 36 inch tv. But it looks like I'll have to get a 43 inch tv as there are hardly any 39/40 inch ones.

Can you recommend any good 43 inch tvs?

Dodgexander

Can you recommend any good 43 inch tvs?
6ft is not really near to view a TV. 43" will be on the small side at that distance if you want to benefit from 4k as a resolution.

All recommended models are in my guide here: **New** My best value TVs, 2020-2021 Edition

You'll have to decide on a panel type first, before looking at specific models. Keeping the budget as low as possible and with a preference for better motion you may want to consider Philips/Sony TVs which may mean you have to go IPS.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom