Budget 37" less than £500

rouge.cvl

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello there,

I am looking for a 37" TV under ~500£. I know this might sound pretty cheap but I don't have that much money and it's the perfect size for my flat. I don't mind buying refurbished or used if necessary.
I will be gaming slightly (mostly Wii), watching standard TV and HD movies. I really don't need 1080p. There's a refurbished 37LG3000 on amazon, is it good? I know it's a bad idea to check in a shop so I really need your feedback :)

Thanks!

Last edited:
I couldn't find a review for the 37LG3000, thanks for the info. I think I need a TV which would display SD well (I'm going to be watching freeview a lot)
Is the samsung a good choice?

edit: what do you guys think about the panasonic TH37PX70? would a plasma tv be ok in my situation? it seems very cheap and got good reviews

Last edited:
If you are into SD and movies, rather than PC & gaming, consider the 37" Panasonic PX80 plasma, around £550 but well worth the extra for such uses

If you are into SD and movies, rather than PC & gaming, consider the 37" Panasonic PX80 plasma, around £550 but well worth the extra for such uses

how well does it fare for gaming tho? I might use it for that from time to time

Fine, as long as you don't play for hours on end or leave it paused with static images. Has 100hz so handles motion very well

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom