Budget 32" LCD for Xbox 360?

krato

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm currently playing my 360 on my 19" computer monitor, and wanted to get a bigger TV for both my 360 and computer. I rarely watch Television so I'm not that bothered if SD quality isn't that great.

I've only got £400, and I was looking for a 32" LCD, I came across the DabsValue 32" at Dabs.com and most of the reviews are saying its great for the price (£345) so I was going to buy it this afternoon so I can get it for weekend, but I thought I'd best search Google to see if I could find any other reviews. That’s when I found this forum, and found out about the Hannspree XV, Mirai DTL-632V200, and the AOC N32W551T which are all in my price range.

I know you probably have like 100 threads on this forum about these TV's because I've been searching, but it's just all too overwhelming for me :S Please could someone help me choose? As I'm not 100% sure I know what I'm looking for. I need VGA, HDMI, and Component connections I think, so which of these is the best that I can get? I know it's not going to be the same as spending 1k+ on one but as much as I would like to, I can't quite afford that.

I think my favourite at the moment is the DabsValue as its under £400 including delivery.

Also, I wanted to connect my PC up to the TV; but does this mean I am limited to the 1366 x 768 resolution?

Hi ,

I was asking the same questions a couple o moths ago and in the end I bough the Mirai 632V200 and it's great! Go for it!

:)

im in the exact same situation mate, and the mirai seems to be the best bet, has been reccomended to me here, but you can get it cheaper at tech fever, but i have found another one as well that i may look into, anyone had any problems ordering with 1st audio and visual?
Tech fever:
http://www.techfever.co.uk/products.asp?partno=6438
1st audio and visual:
http://www.1staudiovisual.co.uk/catalog/mirai-dtl632v200-p-1876.html?referrer=froogle

Be wary of the 1st audio and visual though, i havent heard of them before so id wait for some forum feedback or something.

Hey, thanks for replies :)

I think the Mirai comes out on top with specs, however I really like the look of the Hanspree XVJT which you can get here: https://www.directtvs.co.uk/Hanspree_32_inch_LCD_HD_TV_JT01-32E1-000G/version.asp for £360 inc delivery.

Someone posted pics up here:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4365341&postcount=55

I think that TV looks really nice, and the specs seem ok, and the people who have it seem to think thats its great for the price. The only thing that keeps popping up is the x360 via VGA stutters a bit.. meaning I'll have to buy a component cable (only bought the core) I don't know how well it is compared to the mirai but.. I think I may buy it today :S lol can always send it back if i'm not happy with it I guess :S

yeah i was originally gonna go for that, cos i agree its a hell of a lot cheaper and looks alot nicer, but someone said to me there was ghosting problems with gaming, but it would be good if any hannspree owners could confirm this, because it looks like an exellent tv for the price IMO.

I've only heard of a bit of ghosting with football I havent heard anyone say it ghosts with games.. also said it goes better after the tv's been on for a while.. I can't see it ghosting that much because the reception its got seems to be pretty good. (I think)

I'm just a bit worried about ordering it from Direct TV's because people have said the sales people are pushy and get you to buy stuff and give you wrong info, so I get the impression that they call you to check after you've purchased it online lol... anyways, my sis has my card at the mo so I can't buy it just yet, she'll be home soon though so.. I guess.. I'll just take the plunge :rolleyes:

well, i may take the plunge as its nicer looking, cheaper, and i dont really care much for football. :p

ot oh... i just went and bought it :S lol

I don't watch football either... it better be decent now... lol

I will... when i get it... and if it works (I have bad luck) lol

I might have to get a 360 component cable if VGA gives me problems, so I'll keep you updated. ~bookmarks thread~ most people said they've recieved it next day with the free delivery, so I'll hopefully recieve it thursday as its quite late now so I doubt theyl ship it out, although it says upto 28days :eek: Will take some pics once recieved too :)

I have one of the Dabs value 32" LCD TV's and for £340ish delivered they are cracking value, esp. as HD Ready aswell.

Using my laptop on it, the VGA at full resolution is pretty good - playing a DVD this way is also much better than via SCART. I'm sure an xbox will be just as good.

They also come with a *3 Year warranty*. Year 1 on site, year 2-3 RTB, but you must register with digimate.com - the OEM supplier, though it is badged Digimate not Dabs on this tin. Shame there is not built in Freeview, but for the price I can't complain.

Hey, thanks for that info :) If I end up returning this I'll give the dabs one a try :thumbsup:

Ive got the Hanspree XV JT version and i dont get no ghosting watching football via Sky that i notice (Sky+ not HD).

Great set for the money and is hanging proudly from my bedroom wall!

Hey thanks Daz, have you had any problems with the VGA input? from pc, or 360 if you have one?

Hey thanks Daz, have you had any problems with the VGA input? from pc, or 360 if you have one?

Unfortunatlyhave no xbox 360 im more of a wii fan and have one of those hooked up by scart and geat a great picture. I will eventually get a component cable insted though for a even better picture.

I do get a bit of stutter when watching video clips via media centre using VGA on the TV however i wouldnt say its so bad i wont watch anything on it because i do still use it to watch certain things.

Im currently in the process of setting up a DVI - HDMI connection to see if this sorts out the stutter problem while watching clips from the PC. Not sure if you could get a vga/hdmi adapter possibly to use that port instead (not sure if it would still give 1:1 pixel mapping though).

For the price its a great set and also just becuase its a cheaper LCD they didnt stand back on the look of it as it looks great (as you can see from the pictures posted earlier).

For what ive paid for it i think its good value for money :)

Thanks for reassuring me.The pics I posted a link to earlier sold it to me, because even though I could probably get a better one for a little more money, this one looks gorgeous!

I think I'll put my computer on VGA as I don't watch films with my computer, and my 360 on component, You can get 720p via component can't you? And then when I get a wii i can huck it up via scart, then I have hdmi free for a dvd/bluray/hddvd player or something :)

btw where did you buy yours from?

Got mine from directtvs.co.uk :)

For general PC Use the VGA port is fine :)

status has updated to:

Payment has been taken, we are now in the process of dispatching your goods.

I hope that means it will come tomorrow!

Thanks for reassuring me.The pics I posted a link to earlier sold it to me, because even though I could probably get a better one for a little more money, this one looks gorgeous!

I think I'll put my computer on VGA as I don't watch films with my computer, and my 360 on component, You can get 720p via component can't you? And then when I get a wii i can huck it up via scart, then I have hdmi free for a dvd/bluray/hddvd player or something :)

btw where did you buy yours from?

Is it the XV JT that you got? If so, component on 720P is fantastic for the 360...no ghosting. You are likely to experience judder and tearing on video from a PC over VGA, but normal PC use is fine...1:1 pixel mapping can be forced using powerstrip. If you connect the PC via HDMI, users report no problems with video.

Yeah its the XV JT, do you know of any problems with the xbox 360 via VGA? I keep hearing about tearing, which is slightly making me worried, it would be easier for me to connect my 360 via VGA.

Like I said, I'm not really mithered about watching video via PC so it shouldn't bother me that much, but if I did, do you know what connecter I would need for HDMI-DVI M/F terms? :)

Yeah its the XV JT, do you know of any problems with the xbox 360 via VGA? I keep hearing about tearing, which is slightly making me worried, it would be easier for me to connect my 360 via VGA.

Like I said, I'm not really mithered about watching video via PC so it shouldn't bother me that much, but if I did, do you know what connecter I would need for HDMI-DVI M/F terms? :)

I can't really comment on the 360 through VGA as I haven't tried it. I do believe that with this particular TV, Component trumps VGA for picture quality (on other sets its the other way round) on the 360 anyway...but I can't confirm that. I think also, someone mentioned that juddering or tearing does occur in FMV on the 360 over VGA. Try it when you get the TV, if it does go with component, I don't think you'll regret it.

I've recently bought the AOC N32W551T from www.intekx.com for £340 delivered.

I only use it for PS2 gaming, while I save up for a 360, but once you've got a component lead the screen display is outstanding.

Outrun: Coast2Coast looks like a next gen game in 480p progressive scan, as does Shadow of the Collossus.

6.5ms response time, 1200:1 contrast ratio, all the inputs you could want or need - while I can't comment on the performance of the Mirai or Handspree units, I'm very pleased I went for the AOC.

The salespeople at Intekx are also incredibly helpful - took payment over the phone and unit was delivered the next working day, for free.

If people are getting anywhere near the performance from units in this price bracket, or even more expensive ones, then, like me, they're lucky people indeed!

Sounds like you got great service! I can't comment on Direct TV's as of yet, however I bought my laptop from AcerNotebooks a few years back and the service was *normal* so to speak, its run by the same company. I'm not sure when expected delivery date is, however I've just recieved my invoice so hopefully it will come soon!

I never really looked into the AOC, I don't know why, but its great to hear you've had a good experience with it. I find it difficult to believe that you can buy a 32" HDTV for this kind of price, I only purchased a 28" CRT a couple years back for £350 which is the same price as the 32" LCD!

I'll keep your review in mind in case I need to send this one back for some reason. Next day delivery and good service for £340 sounds excellent!

Save up £200 more and get the top of the line Samsung LE32R88BD instead. WHen you see your Xbox 360 and PS3 on this your jaw will drop. That way at least your future proof for a few years and have a set you are happy with.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom