Budget 28" Widescreen TV's?

Stokie Dave

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi folks. My old mother currently rents her TV but is soon going to be relocating to a new area to be closer to family. The rental renewal is almost up and she's decided to not bother renting (as it's one more thing to cancel when she does move) and buy a TV now.

Ideally she wants a 28" widescreen CRT. Nothing too fancy... usual stuff like a couple of scarts, teletext, remote, maybe nicam sound but she doesn't wanna spend a whole lot... Around 150 quid ideally.

Has anyone seen any bargains about lately? I think I saw something in Asda for £130 a few weeks ago but didn't really look.

Any help/recommendations are grateful :)

As mentioned before Tescos were selling a Bush 28" Widescreen for £98.00.

Towner said:
As mentioned before Tescos were selling a Bush 28" Widescreen for £98.00.

And I thought I'd got the bargain of the century with a 28" Widescreen Goodmans from Skybuy for £110. :(

How low can they go? :confused:

Did anyone get one?? Whats it like for the money?? My local store (Quedgeley, Gloucestershire) still had some yesterday.

Went to Tescos today and told TV is back up to £158. £98 offer ended 2 weeks ago

Tight Git said:
And I thought I'd got the bargain of the century with a 28" Widescreen Goodmans from Skybuy for £110. :(

How low can they go? :confused:

As cheap as they can possibily make them meaning the customer loses out at the end of teh day but that doesn't matter to the manufacturer as all that matters is reeling in the customers with that price tag.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom