Budget 2017 Wish List

Jezza99

Ex Member
Reaction score
So with Spreadsheet Phil about to dust off his budget box, which measures would you most like to see? Personally I'd go for:

1) Scrap Stamp Duty for FTBs
2) Freeze on all benefit payments
3) Maintain Public Sector 1% pay cap
4) Bring forward £12,500 Personal Allowance to now
5) Increase tax on tobacco by 50%
6) Introduce new Tattoo tax @ £10 per square inch covered (not retrospective)

No, I haven't had it fully costed out by the OBR, but it looks fairly balanced to me.

I'd like to see some serious money being spent on preparations for a no-deal exit. Double the size of HMRC's computer system, start employing and training more Customs agents etc. etc.

If they want to incentivise people into going Electric, spend some money on a decent (subsidised?) national charging network. And stop persecuting people* for owning a 20 year old diesel, who probably can't afford anything newer.

* I do not own a 20 year old diesel :D

Get rid of all tax credits; working, child etc...Say give it 10 months to start so nobody can claim 'poverty' that they were expecting it, and let it just die out for those who were already in position.

Let's end the dependency on the state...

I'd also like to see an increase in benefits based around 70% of your average income over the previous 4 years; but for a maximum of just 18 months. Then it needs to go down, seriously down.

:thumbsup:To number 6, or make it £1000.

Ban buy-to-lets, massive housebuilding program and reverse legislation concerning bank lending for mortgages. Bring in new legislation for tenant landlord right/duties, longer contracts, bring rentals inline with modern building regulations/specs and allow tenants more flexibility in decorations and furnishings, promote a sense of shared ownership rather than the current model of them/us.

Get rid of all tax credits; working, child etc...Say give it 10 months to start so nobody can claim 'poverty' that they were expecting it, and let it just die out for those who were already in position.

Let's end the dependency on the state...

I'd also like to see an increase in benefits based around 70% of your average income over the previous 4 years; but for a maximum of just 18 months. Then it needs to go down, seriously down.

That's a manifesto not a budget :D

But hell. yeah I'd vote for it :)

I’m sorry but I can’t agree on the tattoo tax. Haven’t got any myself but some can be very tasteful.

I’m sorry but I can’t agree on the tattoo tax. Haven’t got any myself but some can be very tasteful.

Indeed. I particularly like seeing "Love" and "Hate" tattooed across the knuckles :)

This for starters:

Abolish university tuition fees for holders of British passports.
Abolish fees for elderly care accommodation and bring all elderly care into a national care service.
Abolish zero hour contracts.
All workers to have access to Trade Unions.
Allocate funds to start a program of 250,000 new-build council houses.
Allocate funds to start a program to reorganise the structure of the NHS.
Income tax threshold for income over £100,000 to be set at 45%.
Income tax threshold for income over £500,000 to be set at 50%.

Can I tweak that to "British Citizens"? None of my children hold a British Passport because we've not holidayed abroad for years.

This for starters:

Abolish fees for elderly care accommodation and bring all elderly care into a national care service.

Doesn't look very Blue Labour Alan. Far more of a Corbynista tint.;)

They can't - absolutely none.
You speaking for everyone again? :devil:

I wouldn't have one myself, but I wouldn't dictate to others.

This for starters:

I can’t agree with removing flexibility of a workforce in 2017. That is just alien to me. Also can’t agree with tax increases.

As long as trade union membership isn’t mandated I couldn’t care less about that :)

:rolleyes:

That's negotiable, but I take your point :)
It’s not necessarily for myself, I’m too old to go back to school. I was more thinking about all those living outside the U.K. reaping the benefits but not actually contributing. Just like what happens with elections.

Replace Stamp Duty with Inheritance Tax for All Property Purchases!!!

How does that work?

If I buy a New Build House, why should I pay Inheritance Tax on it? :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom