Budget (£600-700) 55" OLED showdown or Higher spec LED variant

mooomin

Standard Member
Current TV - Philips 55pus6401/12
Pros - Ambilight, Android OS, decent picture, lots of HDMI/USB ports
Cons - Sluggish, struggles with apps, sound generally poor

Reason for Replacement- Back light reflector glue has failed and intense spotlighing now (out of warranty)
TV Location- TV is situatated out of direct light small alcove type area, tend to have blinds closed in the room when bright
BudgetRrange - 600-700 but wanting a decent warranty
TV Usage - Kids program and movies, sadly no time for gaming but might connect the laptop/steam for some basic gaming (1080p max)

Potential New Tv Candidates

Hisense 55A8GTUK 55 Inch OLED 4K
See @ Costco
Cost £640 - @costco (yes Missed out on it being cheaper, also the 55A9 is not much more but sadly out of stock)
[Side Note: Is this the same as the 55A9GTUK just with a 60hz panel?]

LG OLED55A16LA 55 Inch OLED 4K Ultra HD Smart TV See @Costco
Cost £700 - @costco (instore specil off er runs out tomorrow - only visited the store today).
[Side Note:I note the speakers aren't the best here and I do not have a sound bar]

Or anyother TV that is currently considered decent in this price range, the two I have picked are oled but budget ones. The missus is not keen on phillips again and sis/brother-in-laws new phillips TV didn't really inspire me.

Dodgexander

I think the Hisense OLEDs still have some issues. So the LG A1 is probably a better buy despite it being a worse spec TV.

See here:

mooomin

Standard Member
Just to let you know the 55" A9GT came back in stock at costco so I have gone for that because of the 100hz (I know only hdmi 2.0 ) and the integrated 120w sound bar.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom