Budget: £1200, 3d desired, 55" size, LED

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by qwerty2k, Feb 24, 2013.

1. qwerty2k

qwerty2k
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone, i hope that you can help me/point me in the right direction.

I was all set to buy an lg 55" 670t until i've now discovered that they are end of line and i can seemingly no longer obtain one so am looking at what to get instead.

I ideally want LCD/LED as the room has a lot of light shining into it so i think a plasma may be too reflective for the room.

Having read up on 3d (though not super important would be a nice bonus) and experienced LG's passive 3d i ideally wanted a passive 3d set (which limits me to tvs made with lg panels?).

As i've said i ideally want a 55" tv for around the £1200 mark, going to be using it for sport and movies, smart tv would also be desirable with built in netflix and bbc iplayer.

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated, i hope i have supplied enough information.

Thanks,

2. vickster

vickster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    All of the TVs in the shops at the moment are nearing the end of line - new ranges out in a month or so. However, the new models are typically 30-50% more costly vs the final prices of the outgoing models

Some of the Panasonics use the LG panel and have passive. The ET5 does but might
    be over budget - of the 4 big brands, LG are the cheapest usually so not surprised (but there are cheaper retailers)

You can get for £1100 - from Currys :)eek: ) or C&M if you are local to them in Sheffield you'll get 5 year cover

http://www.cramptonandmoore.co.uk/panasonic-txl55et5-55-ultra-slim-3d-led-smart-tv.html

John Lewis have the LG you specify, in stock, 5 year warranty - a little over budget but you may manage to find a price match

Buy LG 55LM670T LED HD 1080p 3D Smart TV, 55 Inch with Freeview HD and 5x 3D Glasses online at JohnLewis.com

Here's a review of the range http://www.avforums.com/reviews/LG-...-3D-Full-HD-LED-LCD-TV-Review_307/Review.html

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  3. qwerty2k

qwerty2k
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for the information, as far as i can tell from that link it says out of stock?

4. vickster

vickster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    Ah, sorry, well spotted. JL stores hold different stocks to the website, so perhaps call around?

I updated my post with some info on the Panasonic