Buck Rogers in the 25th Century: The Complete Series on Blu-ray (17/08/2016)

Sorry meant to contact you, my copy came damaged, so had to send it back, at that time they had no copies in the UK. Madman are expecting more stock might be best waiting.

Sorry to learn that you have hearing problems. You seem to be managing with this release though. If so I'm assuming you that you must also cope with most subtitle free releases but it must be a pain. Mumbling and distorted sound can be annoying regardless. I went through cancer treatment which may have affected my hearing. Thankfully I haven't needed to use subtitles as yet but I do think I have to concentrate more than I used to on occasion.

Bri

I was originally slightly deaf in my left ear due to having whooping cough when I was two years old but over time that has become moderate hearing loss in the left and slight hearing loss in the right ear. I wear a hearing aid in my left ear and generally manage to watch TV and movies fine but having subtitles means that I don't miss anything. I always find it annoying when major plot points are revealed by a dying person who speaks in a hushed whisper! Not having any problems with Buck Rogers as I just switch to TV mode on my surround sound system which plays the audio through all five speakers and offers a sound boost. Not that the plots to Buck Rogers are that complex anyway that you will miss something if you miss a line of dialogue!!!

Finally picked this up from Amazon, was down to £53 last week and I had a £25 voucher to use so seemed like the right time and as of today they still have stock it is now closer to £60

Guess the poster was only with the first batch as mine didn't include one.

Last edited:
Just finished Season One, one things for certain they sure like casting gorgeous women and putting them in outfits that leave little the imagination lol

Pamela Hensley is even more beautiful than I remember and the HD transfer is top notch.

Just finished Season One, one things for certain they sure like casting gorgeous women and putting them in outfits that leave little the imagination lol

Pamela Hensley is even more beautiful than I remember and the HD transfer is top notch.
Hey! My eyes are up here Twiki!
IMG_1134.JPG

:p

If you're selling it on pls let me know, id appreciate first refusal. Cheers.

What the hell happened to Twiki in Season 2 :facepalm: he was one of my favourite characters, the wise cracking little perv :D

Season 2 is almost a different show, seem to remember Twikis voice returned to normal quite soon after complaints when the show was originally aired.

Season 2 is almost a different show, seem to remember Twikis voice returned to normal quite soon after complaints when the show was originally aired.

yes I think it was only 1 episode. I won't be watching series 2 (just tried to be like star trek), so still just keep my eye on a sale of series 1 from amazon.it

yes I think it was only 1 episode. I won't be watching series 2 (just tried to be like star trek), so still just keep my eye on a sale of series 1 from amazon.it

Watched the 2nd disc last night and the original voice actor came back for episode and stayed till the end of the show so at least Twiki is kind of back to normal, even Wilma was briefly back in her purple spandex outfit instead of her sailor suit.

Price is down to Au$ 60 plus shipping on JBHiFi, just a pity they can't be relied on to be customs friendly.

My copy is now in the classifieds, first refusal goes to Number 6.

I'm well into Season 2 and they all seem fine except the Bonus theatrical movie on Disc 1 will not play so I think I'll have to return the discs. I've tried it on four different players. Anyone else have this issue?

I'm well into Season 2 and they all seem fine except the Bonus theatrical movie on Disc 1 will not play so I think I'll have to return the discs. I've tried it on four different players. Anyone else have this issue?

The feature length versions are PAL format so not compatible with most US equipment.

The feature length versions are PAL format so not compatible with most US equipment.

Right! That would make since. I saw they were SD but didn’t even think about them being PAL also. Of course, they won't play in my NTSC world. I just tried the Flight of the War Witch and it wouldn’t play either. At least I know my discs aren’t bad – just incompatible. Thanks for the information. You saved me from having to return them.

I see Fabulous Films have a UK release later this year.

Will it all be in HD including the feature film release?

Fabulous Films

All the episodes will be HD and the product description seems to imply that the theatrical version of the pilot and the feature length episodes will also be HD whereas they were presented in SD on the Australian set.

i have bought the uk release of Buck Rogers In The 25th Century complete series on blu ray from fabulous films does anyone know if both versions of the pilot episode will be on this release when i bought season 1 on dvd the theatrical version was the only one on that set
Regards Andrew

i have bought the uk release of Buck Rogers In The 25th Century complete series on blu ray from fabulous films does anyone know if both versions of the pilot episode will be on this release when i bought season 1 on dvd the theatrical version was the only one on that set
Regards Andrew

The set has the original pilot and the theatrical release, on the Australian set only the pilot was in HD so will be interesting to hear if the theatrical release is SD or HD on the FF set.

The set has the original pilot and the theatrical release, on the Australian set only the pilot was in HD so will be interesting to hear if the theatrical release is SD or HD on the FF set.
will let you know

I watched the tv version of the pilot episode on the complete series of buck rogers in the 25th century fabulous films release the theatrical version is in standard definition so both versions are on this set

Thanks for the confirmation, same format as the Australian set then so no reason to double dip.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom