Buck Rogers in the 25th Century: The Complete Series on Blu-ray (17/08/2016)

Indiana Jones

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
For lovers of cheesy 70s sci-fi we have another Blu-Ray first thanks to Madman of Australia...

Madman B2B » Catalogue » Buck Rogers in the 25th Century: The Complete Series (Blu Ray)

Germany did put out the show in recent years but they were just standard def versions on Blu-Ray where as this set will feature true HD remasters of all 39 episodes over 8 discs plus the following extras...

• Bonus Theatrical Version of the Pilot episode (in Standard Definition)
  • Bonus Feature-length version of Flight Of The War Witch (in Standard Definition)
  • Bonus Syndicated 2-part version of Journey to Oasis (in HD)
  • Opening Titles without narration
  • Textless Opening and Closing Titles
  • Isolated Music & Effects Audio Track on each episode

image_21.jpeg

Last edited:
Think I might just shed a man tear of joy :)

People still buy DVDs :eek:

Indeed they do and I have this DVD set.

:laugh:
Bri
I remember you saying you was getting the set just for that Princess played by Pamela Hensley, remind me again what you said Bri:laugh:

Given their recent non-customs friendly track record I decided to just wait until the eBay seller I used for seaQuest receives stock, likely won't work out that much more and next day delivery is certainly nice.

I managed to get back £30 from jb for the Australian tax they been hitting me for years on so that soften the blow. fingers crossed it sneaks though the eye of the customs officers

paid £55 from beatthebomb on Ebay,no additional charges apparently. happy with that

paid £55 from beatthebomb on Ebay,no additional charges apparently. happy with that

Did you get confirmation of that from them or is it based on previous experience?

Any reviews up of this yet?

Any reviews up of this yet?

Its not officially released until tomorrow and being 24 episodes I imagine its going to be awhile before reviews start to appear but apparently it looks great.

i wonder if the swearing is intact for the pilot/theatrical version :thumbsup:

i wonder if the swearing is intact for the pilot/theatrical version :thumbsup:

I believe the swearing was only ever part of the theatrical version and that is only included in the set in SD as a bonus feature.

So want this as it is a personal childhood favourite. I remember having to choose between this 'glossy' expensive-looking American SF show when it went up on ITV against the BBC's new-look Tom Baker Doctor Who (which turned out to be his last series). I really enjoyed the light tone and humour, although I found it bizarre when the voice of Twiki changed at the start of the radically overhauled second season, although Mel Blanc did return about half way through though the voice change was never explained. The change of tone in the second (inferior) series reminded me very much of what happened with Space: 1999.

Anyway, about five years ago I bought the entire series on DVD but the picture and audio were very underwhelming. Still enjoyed watching it again though but I've been waiting for a better version. Never thought it would ever get released on BD given its age and lack of popularity. Will this be released in the UK as I don't fancy ordering it from Australia (orders from there can take weeks to arrive in my experience).

So want this as it is a personal childhood favourite. I remember having to choose between this 'glossy' expensive-looking American SF show when it went up on ITV against the BBC's new-look Tom Baker Doctor Who (which turned out to be his last series). I really enjoyed the light tone and humour, although I found it bizarre when the voice of Twiki changed at the start of the radically overhauled second season, although Mel Blanc did return about half way through though the voice change was never explained. The change of tone in the second (inferior) series reminded me very much of what happened with Space: 1999.

Anyway, about five years ago I bought the entire series on DVD but the picture and audio were very underwhelming. Still enjoyed watching it again though but I've been waiting for a better version. Never thought it would ever get released on BD given its age and lack of popularity. Will this be released in the UK as I don't fancy ordering it from Australia (orders from there can take weeks to arrive in my experience).

May get a UK release but could be years or never, just wait for it to appear on eBay from a UK based company then delivery will only be a day or two.

You're right, deliveries from Oz aren't the quickest but I use JBHiFi and I've found them to be very reliable and so far, customs friendly.

Nostalgia wise, I can remember the trailer for Buck as one of the "Coming this Autumn on ITV" programmes back in 1979 and it was one of the few things that made going back to school more tolerable :)

I remember watching both! Everyone at school watched Buck Rogers..it was the law! I remember completing the sticker album, god knows what happened to that! [emoji1]

Last edited:
Did you get confirmation of that from them or is it based on previous experience?
only used them for under the customs limit before. however they had two listings for it, the one i bought which had postage included and a description saying no further charges and another which was cheaper but with a postage cost that didn't have the no further charges disclaimer

Hate how the UK seems to get everything last and in some cases doesn't get BD release at all.

For example, Strike Back's seasons 3 to 5 were not released on BD here in the UK (but were in the US though they are region-locked I believe) nor was Stargate Universe Season 2 (had to buy this on DVD despite owning season 1 on BD) or Caprica Season 1 (I got the latter from France). I have been waiting for the Ratchet and Clank movie to be released on BD, being as I am a fan of the games, and find out that that is not getting a UK release either so I've had to pay £29 to import it from the US!!!

Anyone would think BD was an unpopular format based on the UK! :(

I remember watching both! Everyone at school watched Buck Rogers..it was the law! I remember completing the sticker album, god knows what happened to that! [emoji1]

I remember being able to watch both so they must have been on at different times in our area. Some ITV regions may have shown it at the same time as Dr Who though.

Bri

I remember being able to watch both so they must have been on at different times in our area. Some ITV regions may have shown it at the same time as Dr Who though.

Bri

Mine did, I've never forgiven ITV for that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom