Buck Rogers in the 25th Century R1 vs. R2?

CrazyHorse

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I know the R1 set contains all the episodes from both series 1 & 2 - while the R2 set is just series 1 - but what I want to know is...

is the pilot episode the same in both sets, i.e.; the R1 contains the theatrical version with the 'James Bond' ish title sequence and some slightly risqué dialogue, but I've heard the R2 set is longer more TV friendly version!

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

I would also like to know this, I like the sound of risque dialogue and although the R2 is cheap at the moment you don't know when, or how much S2 will be.

Anyone any comments?

I saw the pilot at the cinema and in one scene Twiki emerges from a freezer and says “I’m freezing my ball bearings off”. I have seen this on TV since a number of times but have never heard that dialoged again.

Wilma!
Princess Ardala!
Wilma!
Princess Ardala!
Wilma!
Princess Ardala!

continue until unconcious....

Well I just bought the R2 set and it's the movie version of the pilot. Sadly they have cut out all the pre-title sequence teasers from the episodes. Which idiot thought of that idea? Same on the R2 Knight Rider, but not the R1.

i seem to remember buck saying "oh ****" as the big bad guy comes for him(tigerman?) during a fight i had the r1 and r2 and have not found it yet if anyone has the exact time for where it should be let me know and ill have a look im sure i found where it "should be" but the dialogue is missing, hope im wrong! i think i stil lhave the 15 rated vhs of the pilot somewhere im sure it was on that version

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom