1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bubble image distortion

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by lifeifan, Sep 7, 2005.

1. lifeifan

lifeifan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently acquired an Electrohome 3100 projector. Yesterday, the unit was working fine. Today, however, the bottom of the projected image is distorted. The cause of the distortion seems to be some sort of a bubble(?) inside the tube(?). When I shake the projector gently, I can see the bubble inside move, and this of course also makes the distortion of the image move. Does anyone know what is causing this and how (if) it can be fixed?? Where did this bubble come from????

Thanks!!!

2. bxd

bxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi,

The bubble is to allow some expansion of the glycol in the tube face. If you are seeing the bubble then you might have a leak of fluid from the tube (i.e. causing a very big bubble). However it's more likely that you have the projector set up slightly wrong. The screen distance should be about 1.5x the width of picture and the projector should be set no more than 15 degrees off the horizontal...if the projector is sitting on it's base in an upright position, then the front of the projector should make an angle of less than 15 degrees with the surface that it's sitting on. If you exceed that angle, then you'll have trouble setting the convergence correctly and you'll see the expansion bubble.

Brian