BTTF Trilogy £12.99 at SplashDVD

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by deanjamin, Dec 31, 2003.

1. deanjamin

deanjamin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As title, can be had for £10.99 with voucher

Seems a bargain as when I got mine from them a few days ago it had the new revised discs 2 and 3 in it.

2. Cyrus

Cyrus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How long did it take from order to delivery ?

3. deanjamin

deanjamin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think it worked out at 3 weeks. But that was when the status said 5-7 days. Now it says 24 hours which is normally a good indication of getting something in between 1-2 weeks.

4. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +850
    I'd avoid splash at all costs.

Worst dvd retailer bar none.

5. William123

William123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    At the end of October I ordered 2 items from SPlash.com One Item was 25 MIRROR DVD+ blank discs, the other was the Paul Burrows book.

Ten days later the disks arrived....they were the wrong kind, instead of the Mirror+ they sent me the Mirror-.

I phoned them up.....waited in queue, 27 in front of me...I hung on....50 minutes later I got a customer service adviser, explained the problem to him and told me it was the fault of the pickers....talk about stating the obvious. Anyway, he reassured me the correct items would be despatched as soon as they received back the wrongly sent items.

That day, went to the Post office and sent them back.....3 days later they completed my order, Paul Burrows bok arrives, no problems there.

I was notified that they had received the incorrectly sent items back and a credit of £2.10 postage would be given.

Waited fourteen days for the replacement discs to arrive....none. I then sent a series of emails asking what the problem was. Eventualy I got an email back saying they were pleased to advise me that the Paul Burrow book was being sent out.

At this stage I abandonned communication by email with them....back on the phone.

Another Customer Sewrvice employee said that my order had been completed...when I told him it wasnt that dammed book I required but the Mirror+ discs....he apologised for the confusion and told me (again) they would be despatched next delivery.

I asked about the email I got from them concerning the unwanted book they were sending....he assured me not to worry as they would flag that up.

I had no option to take him at his word......and waited....and waited......still no discs....and well into December.

Tried email again.....that last phone call cost me over an hour in calls......two days later I got an email at noon stating my order had been completed...The Paul Burrows book had been despatched.....later the same day.....I got another email from them apologising saying the Paul Burrows book had in fact not been in stock, contadicting their earlier email.

Back on the phone again......and asked them what the devil they were playing at......no problems they said....when you get the book ....just send it back to us. I asked what about my discs.....they told me they would be despatched.

22nd December....the Paul Burrows book arrives....still no Blank discs.

I emailed them informing them I would be passing a complaint onto the credit card company and also getting in touch with BBc Watchdog, whom I understand are taking an interest in this company.

I have no intention of sending this book back to them, and think under the circumstances I'm within my rights to ask them to collect it, as it is unwanted and I have made every attempt to recify this matter.

If I find a debit has been made against my credit card without authorisation, they better have good lawyers.

I have never dealt with such an incompetent bunch of idiots in all my time ordering off the internet....they're that bad they even make the muppets in the Scottish Parliament look good.....and believe me, that takes some doing.

6. The_kUrGaN

The_kUrGaN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    So....do you recommend them or not? (kidding).

Having had various dealings with these muppets I'm not suprised at all by these disgraceful events. That said, thanks for giving me such a laugh, they really do their best to scale new heights of incompetence don't they? I've learnt my lesson now, the hard way. After vowing never to return, I did, and promptly got my fingers burnt again. In October I ordered "Daredevil" and "Ice Age" on the 2 for £12.95 offer. Received "Ice Age" followed by "28 Days Later". I kept the incorrect disc for three reasons. Firstly I wasn't sure I would ever actualy receive a disc in return, secondly I objected to paying the return postage and thirdly I had actually considered ordering "28Days Later" anyway. So I thought (stupidly) that I would order another couple of dvd's ("Daredevil" (again) and "Minority Report"). Result? Received "Daredevil" mid November and am still waiting (despite numerous emails) for "Minority Report" as of 1/1/04.
    If Watchdog really are on their case, they'll have enough material for episodes to last until 28Days Later (see what I did there?...yeah yeah I'll get my coat).

7. Cyrus

Cyrus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice to know Splash are being so consistent in being inconsistent .

Anyway here is a snippet from their latest e-mail , excuse me whilst I chuckle under my breath .

SplashDVD.Com - Europes Premier Online Retailer

8. barnabybear

barnabybear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone who doubts when people say that in their experience Splash are the biggest load of muppets since Kermit got a few friends together and said "Hey - what about we do a TV show", have a look on the dvdforums.
    There is a very long thread on there about this company.

Fact is - often the cheapest isn't the biggest bargain.

One good word mind - they have at least removed "Dixie's Diary" from their website. This is where they published homophobic jokes, and generally slagged off customers who had the cheek to complain when they didn't recieve the goods they had paid for.

9. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    Hopefully not tempting fate here but I guess I am in a rather large minority going by this thread because anything I have ever ordered from this company has always arrived within a week of ordering with absolutely no problems. Unlike 101cd.com who haven't managed to get a single order correct or delivered timeously.

Adrenochrome.

10. shopper150

shopper150

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Where can I get the voucher from?

11. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Fingers crossed - just ordered west wing s1 & 2 box set for £40 - £49.99 but popsplash as a redeemded voucher brings it down to £39.99. Says despatched in 24 hrs but I'm not going to be taken in that easily

12. William123

William123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    I hope you get sorted with your order....maybe someone has given them all new clocks for Xmas...... yes, I did say clocks....as this is a family orientated forum.

13. Lithian

Lithian
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well i've given them a go, i was looking around to check if there was anything else worth buying then i thought 'whoa, wait a minute... lets not try anything fancy like ordering two things at once!'

14. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131

Sorry :eek: :) :laugh: :D :rotfl:

15. William123

William123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    LOL.....Can't you put up a long one of your own :D :D :D

16. jampet

jampet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered 4 DVD's in the January sale using £2 off vouchers (3 Bond films @ £3.99 and Die Hard boxset for £10.99). I had an email the next day saying my card had been declined for all 4 orders. I replied to this email with the info they requested and am still awaiting their response.

I noticed going on their site now that the Bond films would cost me an extra £10 each. I wonder if my card has really been declined or they are just trying to get out of honouring these orders? Also I thought that your card would be debited as soon as your order was accepted. It appears that they accept orders and then process the credit cards manually. These seems a strange system which would no doubt be prone to errors.

17. SkullyRox

SkullyRox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was just gonna order something with the £2 off, second time I will have used it... or shall I not bother? Gonna put money on my solo card, and use that.
    Unless they decline the address also?!

18. dej23

dej23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I just got confirmation that my James bond- tomorrow never dies dvd has been dispatched, paid £3.99 for it! just hope I get it some time soon.

19. William123

William123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    On Saturday morning I got an email from a Dawn Samson, customer service supervisor saying she had saw an address label for me.....meaning the despatch was imminent, and if I failed to get a despatch email by Monday morning, I should contact her.

As I write...no email.

This looks like it will far exceed the 16 week wait I had for a title I ordered last November......this is only to be expected from "Europes Premier Online Retailer", whoever made that one up needs some serious reality therapy.....and fast.

20. DVDcake

DVDcake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Perhaps Mohammad Saeed al-Sahhaf (Comical Ali) is working for Splash these days.:D

21. William123

William123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    LOL.....It would also appear Osama Bin Laden despatches more videos and dvd,s than this mob too

22. William123

William123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Movement at last, got this email today from "Europes Premier Online Retailer.........

"Sincere apologies for you not having this item dispatched to you. I have now been in with our IT department and it does appear that there has been a bug in the system, which has made this item stick on the address label. We have now amended this and put your name to the top of the list, so as soon as more stock comes in, which should be in the next couple of days, it will be sent out to you.
    As you have been very patient with this item, may I offer you a £2.00 voucher to use on a future order? This can be sent to your email address.

Yours sincerely,

Dawn Samson
    Customer Services Supervisor.

Stuck Sticky Labels?......now that should tax their I.T department.

23. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    Ordered 7 james bond titles last night and have received dispatch emails this morning.:smashin:

Adrenochrome.

24. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +850
    Should get them by October then adrenochrome

25. budfox

budfox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got my BTTF trilogy from splash today, ordered on the 3rd

They where the corrected versions aswell.
    £11 for the trilogy. Bargain.

26. metalhead

metalhead
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just got mine today as well. How do you tell that it is the corrected version?

Cheers

John

27. budfox

budfox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Metalhead

Look at the number code on the bottom half of each DVD

BTTF2 should have R1 at the end
    BTTF3 should have R2 at the end

If your DVD's have these then you have the corrected versions

28. metalhead

metalhead
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They have. Thanks

29. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,092
    Mine arrived this morning and ordered on 5th Jan.

Are Splash turning the corner? :eek:

30. budfox

budfox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hope so Tejstar.
    I've resisted using Splash for over 2 years because of all the bad experiences people have had with them. I used them for the first time to get the BTTF boxset and had no problems at all.

They may get some further business if i see a bargain.
    From reading all the posts over the internet i think i'll stick to the rule of only ordering 1 thing per order and only ordering if they say it available within 24 hours as they are more likely to have it in stock.

CD WOW & Play are still my first choices after 2 years of hassle free business.