BTTF R1 - how can I tell if I got the fixed version??

K

kiddi

I have the R1 Back to the Future Box and I was wondering how I can tell if I have the fixed one or the wrongly framed one.

The box I have is the blue one with the french title also...

please help!

Although I have not yet sent my discs back for replacement (had it for ages - never watched 2 & 3), my friend who had his replaced for the properly framed version says it has a V2 written on the disc somewhere. It is very small lettering, I think near the centre of the discs.

If your buying a new set, the old version has a red sticker and the new one a has green one.

thanks for the reply's. It seems I have the "old" version of the set. I can find no "v2" anywhere. I guess I'll live with it as I didn't notice it when I watched them earlier. I mean, what is a guy living in Iceland to do?:rolleyes:

Have to admit that since I got my Boxset last christmas I havent even watched the films, only watched the extras but when I heard about the free replacements I thought I might as well get them and I just gave BTTF 2 and 3 to my brother.

Well it's not R1, it's R2 (which has DTS instead of commentry) but the one I got from play is correctly framed.

Both the R1 and R2 are £17.99 from play and playusa, looks like a good deal to me :)

I ordered the R1 from play and it arrived this morning, it came with a green sticker and has a small V2 on disks 2 and 3 on the end of the copyright string at the bottom of the disk.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom