1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BTTF on its way!!!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Bozza, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Bozza

Bozza
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    People,

I got an email this morning from CD WOW saying they have sent my Back to the Future DVDs!, not only am I getting them before Dec ( the UK release) but I'm getting them before the official R4 release (25 Aug ) all for £17.99. Excellent price to pay for a box set that is going to have only a couple of missing things from the more expensive R1 and R2 release. Cant wait!

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great! Time to order!!

Also make note of this as you may (like me) want to sell your R4 on ebay or something when the better r2/r1 is released....

"Just read a copy of UK DVD Mag - 'DVD Monthly' and us UK BTTF fans will be recieving the full DVD after all! It says that Universal has officially informed them that the UK will now be waiting til Christmas for the BTTF Trilogy DVD release and that all extras on the US version will be included!"

tada!

3. Bozza

Bozza
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just read it, I've seen Play doing the R2 version for about £25, which is good but are the couple of extras worth the £10?

Still not sure, my bro will buy it off me if I change my mind anyway, still, cheers for the info.

4. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got no e-mail yet,(postman must be late) but checked my order and it's turned green so it looks as if mines on it's way.

This is the first time I have ordered from cd-wow so don't know what the companies like, look sound as a pound at the moment. :D

5. Bozza

Bozza
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh yeah, they seem to be great, Ordered Simpsons R2 from them Monday, got it Wedensday, Ordered BTTF Wed, expected to get it Aug 25, now looks like I'm getting that on Monday. All I can say is so far they have impressed me even more than Play247, and they are excellent!

6. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine's coming. Wonder if anyone's bothered about their card being debited early now.;)

7. Bozza

Bozza
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, doesnt seem like too much of a problem, but I will think twice about pre ordering dvd's in Dec etc, I'm not made of money!

8. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bozza,
    I wasn't having a dig. There is another thread about Futureent debiting cards early. I don't know whether you started it or not, I haven't looked.

What I am getting at is, it dosen't seem to bad in the end. I couldn't afford BTTF now if I had to pay for it NOW IYSWIM.

I don't have any credit cards (no credit at all as it goes - got bitten once - lonf story) so what I spend is mine, and as with everybody else, there isn't a great deal. There's always a holiday to pay for or someones birthday or Christmas. HUMBUG.
    :devil:

9. Bozza

Bozza
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Army Bloke,

No, no, I didnt think you were having a dig, it was probably the way I worded it. I was trying to get across that I totally agreed with you. I'm Italian so that is my excuse. :)

10. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My copy of BTTF just arrived from CD-WOW - boy that was fast :D:D

Really nice fold out digipak :)

11. Stinky985

Stinky985

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Mine too has arrived according to the missus!
    Roll on tonight. This was my first time ordering from CD-WOW, so (if it arrived to good condition) i will most definitley use them again, even if they do tkae the money when you order!:clown:

12. Bozza

Bozza
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got mine as well, there is a sticker on the back of it telling you whats on the disc, probably covering up what was supposed to be on the disc. Slightly annoyed as the CD WOW site said that the commentary included MJF but it doesnt, oh well, it was only £17.99 for 3 discs, cant complain too much I suppose.

13. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have ordered loads of DVDs and CDs from CD-WOW, but this was the first one that arrived slightly damaged. It's nothing serious, just a hairline crack down the top middle of one of the clear plastic tray holders. I won't be sending it back just for that, although I know CD-WOW would have no qualms about sending me another one out immediately if I asked them. It can't be helped anyway, given the nature of the packaging. :)

14. Bozza

Bozza
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've ordered 2 things from them now and they have arrived fine, the packaging seems fine, its probably the fact that it was drop kicked bya postie!

15. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They shipped it saturday morning and it arrived this morning. Thats awesome. As quick as futureent.

Postal service works quickly now that they've abolished all postman :p

Now, I have a back to back trilogy viewing planned. Excuse me.

16. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yup, mines here to. Could be just what I need to get my interest back again. Haven't seen it yet. My boy phoned as he is on school holiday to ask if he could open it and watch it as he is a lover of the trilogy also.

I said no.:devil:

17. Bozza

Bozza
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You haven't seen BTTF ?!

18. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine has just arrived, this is the first time I have ordered from cd-wow and from the service I received will be ordering again. No damage on mine only a silly sticker which was easily removed.

On the back cover where it states what region the disc is, mine reads 2,4, this is the first R4 disc and looked a bit odd seeing R2 on there knowing this has a December release date. Anyone know why?

Got a voucher for £20 to spend at Virgin Wines. :D It's limited to 200,000 vouchers and ends 30th Sept 02 so might have missed out :( . Could have done with drinking this lot before watching LOTR. :D

19. Bozza

Bozza
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Austrailia use PAL I as well as us, I think that is why it says region 2 and 4.

20. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I saw the film in Canada at the cinema about 3 months before it was released here. It was on in a multiplex in a town called Wainwright in Alberta. Also showing was Rambo & Red Sonja (I think) and before the film, we saw the A-ha video of "Take on me", which, IMO, is still one of the best pop vids ever made!

I meant I hadn't seen the boxset yet so couldn't comment on contents or condition.:D

21. Bozza

Bozza
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right, I see.

22. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could I psooibly be the first to comment on the quality of this disc?? Just popped home at lunch time, popped the disc in the tray and had a look. The picture on BTTF pt 1, on first looking, appears a little grainy. It reminds me of when I watched AI for the first time. BUT, I am only using a 32" WS TV, so no Pal Progressive or other suchluxuries for me.

The Sound? Well I watched up to the massive speaker part about 3 mins in in dts.:D :D :D :D :D

And I am NOT a dts fan but I thought I would listen to see (hear) what the fuss was all about. may be a convert.;)

23. Bozza

Bozza
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mmm, I'll have a look 2nite, 29" 4:3

24. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't tried it out yet but to be honest, I didn't expect it to be great quality anyway since it's an old movie. I should imagine they've cleaned it up as much as they can. I bet Part 3 will look better. :)

25. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,908
    There is no connection AT ALL between the TV standard and region coding. After all, Japan uses NTSC and yet is region 2.

It IS unusual, in my experience, however, for Aussies to state R2 on their packaging. It is often (but by no means always) the case that Aussie discs ARE R2 as well as R4 but they rarely admit it on the sleeve.

The reason for dual coding the actual discs is to save on mastering costs. All the distributor has to do is print different labels on the discs, rework the packaging, and they have a ready-made product for a different region.

26. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a few that state both, e.g. Meet the Parents, Antz. It's not that unusual, but it's certainly not what the majority do in terms of packaging.
    Yes, but this is why Bob thought it was odd in the case of BTTF because the specs for R2 BTTF are going to be different to the R4 BTTF so the R2 disks can't be the same as the R4 in this case. I guess in terms of release dates, they are fairly close together so the studios didn't care that much.

27. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    So what is the packaging like? :)

28. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice! :)

Fold out digipak with 3 clear plastic trays to hold the disks and a nice cardboard pocket on the outside of the reverse of the digipak to hold the insert :) Then there's a slipcover that goes on top of it all. The disk are picture disks too. :)

Have a look here: http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/220686/id=Ii8D1:tw7uB

You ordered the R1 then Lex?

29. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's a fold out jobby and comes with a small (4 page I think) booklet. Just like the R2 Mummy/Mummy Returns set when it first came out.

30. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Spot the educated man:

Originaly posted by Squirrel God

Nice!

Fold out digipak with 3 clear plastic trays to hold the disks and a nice cardboard pocket on the outside of the reverse of the digipak to hold the insert Then there's a slipcover that goes on top it all, all in a nice dark blue. The disk are picture disks too.

Originaly posted by Army Bloke

It's a fold out jobby and comes with a small (4 page I think) booklet. Just like the R2 Mummy/Mummy Returns set when it first came out.

:(