BTTF Now 18.99 at CD Wow & Custom Charges?

Kevo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Searched the forum high and low for any info on this but drew a blank.

BTTF R4 is now 18.99 at CD Wow and informs you about poss. custom charges as it is over the £18 limit.

Anybody ordered it recently and did you have to pay anything?

Is it worth waiting for the R2 version at 25.99 from Play?

Thanks

I pre ordered this for 17.99 and it came about six weeks ago:D

I bought it also a while back and it arrived within 5 days and no customs charges but that's not to say that that will happen every time. They are obliged to warn you about customs charges but then so are all the other companies who sell from outside the U.K. or Europe. Sometimes you just get unlucky!!!

I say order it and keep your fingers crossed!!

I wouldn't wait for the region 2 version because I think the extras may be the same and for the extra 7 quid or so I don't think you'll get much more. Buy the aussie version.

Originally posted by Kevo
Is it worth waiting for the R2 version at 25.99 from Play?
NO NOT AT ALL
The UKR2 will be exactly the same as the R4 see www.r2-dvd.org for details
And DVDs from play are also liable to customs as they come from jersey which is outside the UK.
HTH

Ordered mine from CD-Wow last week @ the £18.99 price. Didn't get any customs charges but I wonder if that is because all 3 DVD's are in one single's case :)

It isn't worth waiting for the region two version as it will be very similar to the region four. However, the region one version will apparently be superior in terms of extra features and exclusive cut scenes.
Not sure whether it is DTS though.

Originally posted by Lex
It isn't worth waiting for the region two version as it will be very similar to the region four. However, the region one version will apparently be superior in terms of extra features and exclusive cut scenes.
Not sure whether it is DTS though.
It won't have DTS according to the producer, but it will have more extras (most of them still rumoured)
whatever happens u sure won't get it for 18.99 (AFAIK)

Originally posted by Lux
It won't have DTS according to the producer, but it will have more extras (most of them still rumoured)
whatever happens u sure won't get it for 18.99 (AFAIK)
THe R2 version is being advertised in a few magazines (this months FHM for one) with a big red DTS logo on the botton of the page, so the R2 MUST have DTS or the advertisers are lying to us (not that they would of course :p ).

Not sure what the prices are like but if we get the R1 extras with a DTS sound track then we would have a pretty good box-set.

@ bilduff.
I was actually talking about the R1 in reply to Lex's post.
The UKR2 is identical to the current R4.
Maybe that wasn't clear from my post.
HTH

Originally posted by Sgt.Colon
Ordered mine from CD-Wow last week @ the £18.99 price. Didn't get any customs charges but I wonder if that is because all 3 DVD's are in one single's case :)

Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear.

Have you actually received it yet?

If anyone cares i was told from cd-wow that Consignia will charge a £3 per item fee plus you have to pay the 17.5% vat.
IF YOU ARE UNLUCKY AND IT GETS STOPPED!

My copy arrived last week, paid £18.49 and didnt get any customs charges or anything, well chuffed I am :)

Thanks for all the info.

I've ordered it @ 18.99. I'll just have to wait and see !

I tried both links but they just took me to the same page of CD offers. No BTTF offer listed :(

I tried both links but they just took me to the same page of CD offers. No BTTF offer listed :(
They both make all the prices come up at a reduced price throughout the whole CD-WOW website. All you had to do was search for BTTF and it would have come up at the reduced price too :)

Originally posted by Squirrel God
They both make all the prices come up at a reduced price throughout the whole CD-WOW website. All you had to do was search for BTTF and it would have come up at the reduced price too :)

DOH !

I see what you mean. Yes it works now.

Oh well, it's only 50p.

That's a weird 'glitch'. Think i'll see if it works on any other titles!

That's a weird 'glitch'. Think i'll see if it works on any other titles!
It's not a glitch! It's supposed to do that so you get 50p off everything you order (all CDs, all DVDs, all games - per item, not per order) :) I've been using it for weeks and was using the /192 link for months before that :)

I never knew that :blush:

It's only my second order from CD Wow so only lost out on a quid.
Could have been worse !

Thanks for that SG.

That's alright mate. Like you say, not the end of the world for a quid - but if you order more from them, it all adds up so worth using :) You get a 50p off voucher and a Xmas beermat with each order you place as well :D

Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear.

Have you actually received it yet?

Recieved and watched :D Came in 4 days.

got mine around a month back no customs

also it dual region 2,4 from cd-wow

from pete

Squirrel God

Any other special links

by the way I got caught with customs with play.com with the die hard box set, £9.10, which play kindly refunded me.

Do mount pleasent (customs department) have my address on record for future customs check so If i was to order something over £18 again from either play or cd-wow, would I get caught again for sure.

from pete

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom