BTTF 3 R4 problem disc???

snelly

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

watching my cd-wow bttf 3 disc last night and it stuttered and jumped back all the way to the start.

This occured when marty and the doc had just entered the doc's workshop - a bit before the ice cube comes out.

I am using a Sony DVP-S725 which has never, ever had a problem with a disc yet. The disc is brand new and clean...

Is this particular to my disc? Back to cd-wow???

Any thoughts appreciated
Thanks
Tim

I have these discs and have played all on my Tosh 510 - they all play with no problems.

No problems with my copy from CD-WOW on my Sony DVP-NS300.

Try unplugging your DVD player from the mains and try it again (that helps with some players - don't ask me why :rolleyes:) If not, get them to send you a replacement! :)

Originally posted by Squirrel God

Try unplugging your DVD player from the mains and try it again

But if he unplugs it from the wall it wont work:p ;)

Unless you can get 121 jig a watts of power through that Flux Capacitor

Originally posted by THX 1138
But if he unplugs it from the wall it wont work:p ;)

Unless you can get 121 jig a watts of power through that Flux Capacitor
LOL :D

Of course, you gotta plug it back in again before you try to play it :rolleyes: :D

I think that he was typing fur-netically:p

Tim

Thanks guys, perhaps I should try and clean the player - I have never done this in about 2.5yrs...never saw the need

Oh well apparently cd-wow are pretty good about this sort of thing.

NOBODY calls me chicken ;)

Hi,

You will be suprised, how wiping a disk with a gentle cloth (lint free) will make a difference. The laser is very sensitive to dust and fingerprints.

I really hate stuttering discs, really puts you in a sad mood, no what i mean, kills the enjoyment of the film.

But i guess the new version, of the rolling / tracking problem of VHS tapes.

rai

rai,

I will try this but the disc is brand new never played or soiled by grubby mits. It looked totally clean - still worth a go. I reckon it is more likely the player

i've got the same player, and have the problem on numerous discs. then you start to get C13:00 errors, and then it stops reading certain DVD's all together!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Don't say that...my player has been faultless for 2.5 yrs although I accept that it probably has had light use compared to others...perhaps I will have a look at how many hours the firmware has recorded.

Anyway I tried the disc in PS2 andmy crappy safeway £100 bedroom player.

Much worse stuttering on both those. On closer inspection I have found there is a mark on the disc (not a scratch) that must have occured in transit or production. Funny as the packaging was fine and the disk was not rattling or anything.

Oh well time to test cd wows return policy

Tim

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom