Quantcast

BTicino MyHome bus: MH202 advanced scenario controller

Tony50

Novice Member
Thanks a lot. It is quite clear.
During my experiment, I had to use the Stop as well.

Create scenario1
called 'Lights: On Lamp1'
Start panel:
  • Time object 'Sunset'
Stop panel:
  • Time '23:30'

Action panel:
  • Object On/Off Light and set the address to the bus address of the lamp or socket you want to control. Select On
I am not sure if this is correct because the scenario is always triggered even if I tried to turn off the light automatically.
Can you explain the use of STOP panel?

m4rky_m4rk

Stop exits the scenario at whatever point its up to. It does not turn the light off.

To turn a light off you will need an action with Light xx Off. You could do it in the same scenario but you would need a delay after the On, say 6hrs. The light would then come at sunset or shortly after and then off 6hrs later after the On. If you want it off at a fixed time then you will need to create an Off scenario like I posted above.

Tony50

Novice Member
Why not doing it like:

Create scenario1 called 'Lights: On Lamp1'
Start panel:
  • Time object 'Sunset'
Action panel:
  • Object On/Off: Timed Light with the right address. Command: Timed ON and set the needed timer
I got that there are different way of doing the logic but I am wondering if at the moment I am doing it properly. As I told you I had to add the Stop case because I faced some issue during my try and catch exercise. It seems that without using the stop condition the scenario is always in the loop. So I had to add this conditions in all my scenarios.

This is the way that I build the above scenario:
SCE1 called 'Lights: On Lamp1'
Start panel:
  • Time object 'Sunset'
Stop panel:
  • Hour: '23:30'
Action panel:
  • On Light (1.1)
SCE2 called 'Lights: OFF Lamp1'
Start panel:
  • Time object '00:35'
Stop panel:
  • Hour: '00:36'
Action panel:
  • Off Light (1.1)

As I said it works but I don't this is the most efficient way of doing it. The problem that I am facing if, for instance, I want to turn off the light manually before 23:30 the MH202 forces it at ON later. After 23:30 I can manually turn it OFF.
So once again, what is the idea of using STOP panel? My personal interpretation is that will be used for the ending of the scenario. In case you will not use it there is a possibility that the scenario will loop forever (I watered my garden for 6 hours last summer).

m4rky_m4rk

Scenario's shouldn't loop unless you have the 'Repeat' option set to 'yes'!! Its top right of the screen under the scenario name and description. Both options should be 'No' for your lamp situtation.

Normally the scenarios just run through the sequence of 'Actions' and then stop when they get to the end of the sequence. Then they will only start again if the start condition occurs again. There should be no need for the stop command.

If the Repeat option is not selected then I am puzzled. In that case could you post a screen shot of MyHome Suite.

Stop panel is used to interrupt a already running scenario. eg when you want to start another scenario which has some of the same items in the action list as an already running scenario. eg blinds with staggered closing and then another scenario starts to open them. If you do not stop the first scenario then both scenarios could run at the same time causing confusing results. FYI Up to 5 scenarios can run simultaneously.

For debugging and testing you can see what is running by accessing the MH202 via your browser and going to the scenarios tab. There all scenarios are shown with the running ones highlighted. You can start and stop them too.

For testing set the times around the time you are working on it and replace sunset with an hour. Then there is no need to wait for sunset or midnight to get a result ;)

Last edited:

m4rky_m4rk

Yes, I have rain, wind, light (bright and dark) sensors and associated limit switches by Schalk
Measuring relays - Schalk Steuerungstechnik GmbH.

GSW 3 - Schalk Steuerungstechnik GmbH
SW 3 - Schalk Steuerungstechnik GmbH
SL 1 - Schalk Steuerungstechnik GmbH
GSL 1 - Schalk Steuerungstechnik GmbH
SR 1 - Schalk Steuerungstechnik GmbH
GSR 2 - Schalk Steuerungstechnik GmbH

There are also other manufactures of similar sensors and limit relays.

I am happy with the Schalk sensors. They have been very good and reliable. I have been impressed with the rain sensor. Its very sensitive to rain with even a few a drops triggering it and its been quick to dry off again when the rain stops. I have not had any issues with dew/fog causing a false detections.

These sensors do not output a measurement value but switch a relay when a preset threshold is crossed for a user defined time. So, to connect them to the BUS you will also need a BTicino Basic Contact interface. This changes state dependent on the relay state, open or closed. The contact state can then be used by the MH202 scenario controller. The Screen10 can display the contact state on the panel and there are some other things you could do to visualise and test sensor information and actions. If you want to know more just ask.

If you want to see the actual values then there has been some discussions about how to do that on the BUS by djtom2002 and others, here and over at BTIcino, before they became unfriendly. PM him if you want to now the latest but please bring the conversation back here so we can all share the discussion. I am interested. There is talk of a new driver/gateway being available but little discussion so far. Tom has been talking about it for while. Maybe he bought one?

I also have some inexpensive independent sensors (weather station, and many temperature humidity sensors) by Mobile Alerts that can display charts and graphs on a mobile phone, browser etc, send emails and warnings. I use these for cross checking and alerts. The Schalk sensors agree with these independent sensors. eg if I get an email for high winds then I also usually find the Schalk sensor has also activated the scenario to retract all the blinds.

I also have an BTicino wireless external probe. This does allow for actual temperature values to be seen and used on the BUS like a room probe would.

Did you get your lamp scenario working?

Last edited:

Tony50

Novice Member
It is really a lot of stuff to buy! I am looking at the price and all together is around 500 euro (Schalk + Bticino probe)! But it is quite interesting Mark! I want to know more about the data acquisition (analogue value) if you have the info please share! we can write a dedicated post for it. What do you think? And Where did you buy all this equipment? Online? (I am in the Netherlands) and I am struggling with finding them online!
The electric scheme will be also very interesting. Is there any way that you can share it? How did your electrician connect all this? I am also interested in the interfacing with Bticino!

For the scenario, I am still busy with it! No time so far!

I want to keep this forum alive because I see a lot of good motive to keep Bticino knowledge. Thanks for your effort!

m4rky_m4rk

It is really a lot of stuff to buy! I am looking at the price and all together is around 500 euro (Schalk + Bticino probe)! But it is quite interesting Mark! I want to know more about the data acquisition (analogue value) if you have the info please share! we can write a dedicated post for it. What do you think? And Where did you buy all this equipment? Online? (I am in the Netherlands) and I am struggling with finding them online!
The electric scheme will be also very interesting. Is there any way that you can share it? How did your electrician connect all this? I am also interested in the interfacing with Bticino!

For the scenario, I am still busy with it! No time so far!

I want to keep this forum alive because I see a lot of good motive to keep Bticino knowledge. Thanks for your effort!
None of this stuff is cheap. There was another make that was similar, maybe a bit cheaper as the switches for the sensors were all in one unit. I cant remember the name. Maybe Tom does if he comes by.

For analogue value on the BUS.. I do not know much about it but Tom and some others wanted to go that way. Try PM'ing him. I get analogue data via a separate system and app. Its independent of the BUS and good for cross checking my weather limit swicthes, charts, max, min etc

A dedicated post could be good if we can get a discussion going that is not just me. Especially with the new BTicino driver... again Tom and some others.

My installer recommended the Schalk. He said BTicino would support him with the install if he used it. The support actually consisted of example MH202 scenarios to run the gear. I took a look at it, understood what they had done, and then went my own way.

I had already planned for sensors during the house build and had allowed for cable access to the roof. They could be placed anywhere really as long as it doesn't affect the wind too much.. ie not in the lee (sheltered side). Other than that you just need a little bit of space in your rack. The temperate probe is wireless so cables needed for that.

I think the sensors really bring the automation alive. You can do a lot with them,,, if blind control is important to you.

Tony50

Novice Member
Mark, I finally finished the installation of the Schalk sensor. I do have the same configuration that you have. I also connected the 3477 to them. Now I would like a bit of support on how to configure the scenario in myhome and how to configure the 3477. Can you help me out with that?

m4rky_m4rk

Sure, what do you want to know? Have you a plan on how you want to utilise them?
eg
I use them for mainly for blind control, maximum light unless the house is getting too warm, and protection from thunder storms.

m4rky_m4rk

Just choose a unique contact number for the F428 ... I think only 1 to 9 are allowed.
On S10 panel add a new Contact object under the Automation items tab. Set the contact to be the same as chosen for the F428. Drag the item to the screen, save an upload.

Thats it

gugus24

Novice Member
Hi M4rky,
Thank you for your remply.
On the F428 I only have 2 channels (Do you mean channels by talking about contacts ? )
Does this have to be done on MyHomeSuite or on the Touchscreen directly ?

m4rky_m4rk

2 channels but you can assign each of them a unique contact number with virtual configuration (MyHomesuite) I am not sure if you can also do this with configurators

gugus24

Novice Member
2 channels but you can assign each of them a unique contact number with virtual configuration (MyHomesuite) I am not sure if you can also do this with configurators
Thank you M4rky,
I only use the virtual configuration, but I don’t understand what you mean with this contact assigned on each channel.

Last edited:

gugus24

Novice Member
Great !!!
Thank you M4rky !
I have used this channel as Light Control, because this channel is connected with an Eltako Sensor for the Sunset. This should turn on my outside lights. At the beginning was expected to start a MH202 scene but it didn't work. The scene didn't start whithout any known reason.
So is it then possible to also use it as contact to turn on the light (or start a scene) like I actually have and also show the status on my Touchscreen by using 1 channel ?

Another question :The option "Number of contacts" means that x contacts are numbered or is it a reference like an adresse (ex : contact number 6 and not 6 contacts) I do not really understand the meaning.

Thank you in advance for your great help M4rky !

Attachments

Last edited:

m4rky_m4rk

Yes its possible do do what you want. I do the similiar

This is the simple one:
upload_2018-11-23_10-54-23.png

Maybe you have something wrong. Start simple and build up. eg remove anything in the 'Only if' section.

I don't always get the sensor state to activate a scenario directly. eg I use the sensor to change the state of a proxy switch. That makes it easier to visualise what the system state is without the S10 eg phone app, and it also means that I can overide the sensor and activate the switch manually to check that the main scenariuo runs as it should.. eg for testing.

On my S10 I have both the 'wind' contact and the 'wind' switch displayed next to each other so I can see if they are in sync. This also means that I can test, or if I see a storm coming, activate the Wind protection scenario without actually waiting for the wind sensor/contact to change.

Attachments

Last edited:

gugus24

Novice Member
You're great !!
This means that my F428 status remains on 'ON' status as long as my Eltako sensor sends a Sunset signal ?

m4rky_m4rk

Yes. The F428 senses if the contact its connected to is open or closed. They can also be used to add BUS control to traditional switches.. if anyone else reading is curious about this stuff :)

For sunset/dark I also use the dark theshold to turn on some lights and close the blinds. I use the bright threshold to add more inteligence to my blind control on sunny days. For sunrise I prefer the Astro clock.

Trending threads

Latest News

High End Munich 2020 Hi-Fi Show cancelled
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung leads global TV market for 14th straight year
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Apple wireless home cinema audio hinted by patent?
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung and BT deliver UK’s first live 8K sports broadcast
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins confirms corporate changes
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Top Bottom