BTicino MyHome bus: Classe 300x & SFERA video door entry

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by m4rky_m4rk, Sep 13, 2017.

1. m4rky_m4rk

m4rky_m4rk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +772
    Thread for discussing BTicino video door entry system

Classe 300x manual here

Link to SFERA manual??? Best I could find so far but more of a catalogue than a manual for the camera. Here

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  2. m4rky_m4rk

m4rky_m4rk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +772
    How to configure the door camera? My installer did it and I wasn't there to see what he did. There is a usb port but I do not see the door video hardware from MyHomesuite with LAN connection.

Main issue is that my Screen10 panel shows a 'stair light' button next to the video panel. I want to remove it but I think maybe it comes from the camera set up. I have no stair light!!! Well i do but its not needed for this.

Also, I am not happy with one aspect of the security. There is a weakness in the system but my installer says they are all like that!! I do not want to discuss the details openly here and it could just be my installer does it wrong!! I will be discussing this further with him as I have ideas on how to fix it.

3. m4rky_m4rk

m4rky_m4rk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +772

4. m4rky_m4rk

m4rky_m4rk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +772
    Hi gugus,

I bought the SFERA and 300x as a kit. It all works including the phone app. there was minimal configuration as the default addresses worked immediately.

If someone rings my door bell I get a video screen pop up on the 300x display panel. I can then choose to answer and talk to whoever is at the door. I could ignore and a video answerphone message will be saved. I can choose to press the unlock button and the door will open... In addition the video call also pops up on my existing Screen10 LCD panel and I can also unlock the door from there too. On the screen10 the door bell tone can be selected

Note to people unfamiliar with this kit... The screen10 is not part of the kit and not required. Its just another, larger panel which can also interact with the video door entry.

I also have the associated app installed and if someone presses the door bell my phone rings too. I can also see the camera video and talk back to who ever is at the door. Annoyingly the ring tone is the same as my regular phone calls and I haven't found a way to change it.

Using this system can be a bit hilarious. Callers at the door don't look that convinced when I answer via the video phone and say 'I am not in please leave the parcel by the door'... I guess they are not used to someone answering them and actually not being at home... LOL

It all basically works but I did find the set up somewhat confusing. The 300X panel seems to be more capable than just for a single entry use. It can be used in a block of flats for example. So, there are more options than needed. e.g. there are hard buttons for main functions, there are configurable touch screen buttons and shortcuts too. In a single door entry set up they all do the same thing. Maybe in a multi door set up it makes more sense.

To get the app to work you need the 300x. This is the main unit. The video can be also shown on the Screen10 too but if just using that then the app will not function... or so my installer said. In fact he said it wouldn't work on the Screen10 without a gateway or some other bit of kit......but it does if you know the right camera address. S0. So far I have not found how to make the answerphone function also work on the Screen10. Maybe my installer was correct but only for this function.

The phone app is also more geared up for multi door entry video set up but it works OK for single door use. To make full use of the remote door openng you would also need remote access to the alarm system,, obviously :) !!!!

5. gugus24

gugus24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    M4rky,

To make the Screen10 work with voice, I had to add a F441 to make work voice and image. that's what my installer told.
    So I'm able to see the image on the Screen10 and answer on microphone. (Sorry for my English :) )
    I'm also able t communicate between my 300X display which, my 2nd display which is on hte first floor and my Screen10. This allows to call my wife when I want to tell her something whithout having to go up or downstairs.

6. m4rky_m4rk

m4rky_m4rk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +772

Interesting. I will test again. All my video gear is new and I still need to play with it. It could be that I already have some sort of interface installed but I didn't see him install it. Will check. voice 300x to Screen10 also works but its a bit OTT in my open plan house, I can shout and its easier too:)

Does the answerphone work from the screen 10? Do you also have the stair light button on the door video panel on the screen10?

7. gugus24

gugus24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    OK... Stair Light Button : I don't know because I don't need it as I have Detectors to turn on my lights. I'm not at home right now to check it. Is it possible to check it via MyHome Suite ?

8. m4rky_m4rk

m4rky_m4rk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +772
    Don't think so