1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bt945 - Quintro+

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by zorg2000k, Jun 10, 2003.

1. zorg2000k

zorg2000k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Was wondering if anyone has a BT945 - "QUINTRO+" ?
    http://www.b-tech-int.com/BT945.htm

Thinking about getting one for connection to plasma screen through a JS RGB to Component Video (YUV).

Any help would be great

CIA

Zorg

2. cwick

cwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Have used one for a while, does what it says on the tin.

Find 'em for a great price at Beyond HiFi ... look in Hi-Fi Leads_/_ Audio & Video Controls_/_ Scart Controls and Switches.

The picture shown is for the older Quattro switch-box, but I've bought two Quintro+'s from them at that price, and can recommend them.

Cheers, Carl

3. TheBigApple

TheBigApple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I went through two of these both had problems with the wide screen swithing. I spoke to Keene Electronics technical manager who stated that the quintro is incompatible with some sony products. e.g. my Sony Sky digital box and playstation 2.

4. MrAnderson69uk

MrAnderson69uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I've been using one for ages. No real problems. The widescreen switching sometimes got stuck when flicking through NTL Digi channels. Solution was to go back to a widescreen channel and leave it for a short while. Then go back to a 4:3 channel and leave it to settle - then you should be sorted.

I've been using it on a 7-8 year old KV S2952 and yeah the PS2 always switches to widescreen. But then again it happens when its connected to any TV, directly or via the Quintro+ ... thats just Sony for you as my other TV, a Sony 14" portable (swivel stand one) also switches automatically.

Picture quality is good - and there's no noticable problems on my new Pio 433mxe. I've got NTL Digital (Pace 4000), Digital Sat (Dream DM7000), an Xbox and a PS2 looped through Sony DVD as there are only 4 RGB compatible inputs.

Can't comment too much on audio quality as only the NTL box is connected via std stereo interconnects.

Everything is set up for RGB and I use a JS RGB->VGA box to fead my panel.

NTL is not too good due to their cheapskate broadcasting and high compression.