• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

BT YouView box HDMI issue

Synchro

Distinguished Member
I can't get it to pass any audio through my HDMI receiver to my speakers. The video passes fine to my Panasonic TV. This is the only item that suffers from this issue. After much trouble shooting I just gave up and ran the HDMI straight into the TV. This means I have to use the TV speakers and not surround speakers.

Very unhappy with this setup, but what can I do?

Any suggestions?

Gavtech

Administrator
Try : Press Youview button, goto Settings / TV Signal and Quality / HDMI Audio format and try the alternative setting ( Stereo or surround) Swap from the current setting.

Synchro

Distinguished Member
I'll give that a go when I the chance, but fairly sure this is a HDMI handshake issue between my Panasonic TV and the cruddy BT YouView box. Just wondering if anyone has over come this. My receiver is an Onkyo by the way.

Gavtech

Administrator
If a handshaking issue, sort out by unpowering both devices for 5 to 10 minutes , then when restarting, switch on the source box last.

VisionMan

Distinguished Member
I'll give that a go when I the chance, but fairly sure this is a HDMI handshake issue between my Panasonic TV and the cruddy BT YouView box. Just wondering if anyone has over come this. My receiver is an Onkyo by the way.
Cruddy? Haha. You made me laugh. Good job I wasn't eating peanuts. :)
My YouView quite happily passes through 5.1 to my Yamaha amp, but I do have both a HDMI and optical cable connected.

For info - Under settings> TV Signal & Quality> HDMI is set to surround and S/PDIF Stereo.

Synchro

Distinguished Member
By the way, I think its my Panny TV being very tight on its handshake and the Youview being loose. Result, no audio. :-(

Synchro

Distinguished Member
Been onto BT today. I have the DB-2200 box. They said "this was not the normal box", lol.

What am I supposed to make of that comment?

Apparently the "normal" box is the G4? Is that what you have?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Been onto BT today. I have the DB-2200 box. They said "this was not the normal box", lol.

What am I supposed to make of that comment?

More to the point what did you say to them?
Think you left out a "T" in the model no which is "DB-T2200" and is a "mini" box designed for use with a second Tv and has a bare minimum of connections.
Under what circumstances did you get the box and can you not request it be changed?

Synchro

Distinguished Member
Currently trying to get rid of the cruddy "non normal" box, to the G4 "normal" box. Its being escalated, as I type.

Synchro

Distinguished Member
I told them, that if I connect my BT YouView box directly to the TV, I get picture and audio. If I connect it to the TV through a HDMI channel on my receiver, then to my TV, I only get picture. I know that channel is good, because a Panasonic Blu-ray player has been tested through it and it worked as its supposed to.

Synchro

Distinguished Member
BT are arranging a returns kit for me 9to return the DB-2200) and a new Z4 box is on its way. This new box has an optical audio output. Currently mine does not. I hope that if the HDMI fails to work with audio on the new box, then at least I'll be able to get the audio working through the optical, without any sync issues.....

Synchro

Distinguished Member
Yes, G4.

Much confusion, they call the BD-2200, that I have currently the Z4.

They are sending a G4, which is the version I should have, which is the one you also have :)

VisionMan

Distinguished Member
The T2200 is only a basic box with basic functions. These are given for free. Did they charge you for the G4 recorder which is far more advanced?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom