BT Youview Box DB-T2200 - How to transfer sound to my projector

delboy77

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Moved house last week and was left a projector set up in my lounge.
Finally had my BT youview turned back on . It’s connected and is playing fine. Obvious reason I have no sound is because the youview box has no AV port .
Any advise of how I do this would be amazing as I have no clue. All I want to do is watch the rugby today with sound .

Thanks in advance
Del

You're going to need to help us out a bit...

Make of projector, connection type, any other equipment- EG ceiling speakers in the room etc...

Sorry,
I’m new to this sort of technology.
The projector is view sonic - pjd7720Hd

Then I have a Sony - multi channel Av receiver DA1200ES

I hope I have given you the right information. Thanks for your patience.

Also five speakers within the room .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 60
OK, so Youview box to TV/Sat in and Monitor out to the projector.

Hopefully the speakers are easy to identify and connect up to the speaker outputs.

Connect everything up with the power removed, then apply power to projector, then amplifier, then Youview box. That should ensure all resolutions get set correctly.

Thank you. I was using a cheap free view box which had a AV port so it’s been working fine. It’s only because of moving house and waiting for BT to turn me back on . My speakers are already connected .
Before I turn this on do I need to put any optical wires in ?
Thanks for your hemp so far, really appreciate it

I’ve done what you have said . I shall try it now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 51
No, you shouldn't need any optical cables, the HDMI should carry the audio as well.

Picture works perfect what you said but still no sound. The wire that is in shoe use to go to my free view box with AV . I assume this is the reason I haven’t got any sound now . What do I need to connect the sound regarding the wires .

🙏🏽😁

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 47
It's possible that your AVR cannot decode the audio via the HDMI, so you may need to use an optical cable. You do not need the yellow composite cable you are showing.

Have you got the speakers plugged in correctly? Have you tried using the tuner or another source on the AVR to see if you can hear sound through them?

I only can use this to get the picture on. I’m now using sound from the projector only. Which I didn’t have before which is ok. Still trying to work out getting sound from the song and speakers.
Regarding the optical cable how should it go please ?
Cheers
Del

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 47
OK, once the rugby has finished, run the optical cable from the Youview box (I assume it has one, the ones I've seen online have) to the TV Sat in optical port. You may need to use the input selector to set the audio input to Optical.

I can multitask ha . Unfortunately the BT box doesn’t have one

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 57
Can you check what audio format you are getting out of Youview box and also if you press the Audio Mode button, can you select the HDMI input for audio on the AVR?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom