BT YouView box and capabilities

StoufferTheCat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
After yet another price increase from Sky I'm looking at alternative options.
I'm liking the look of the BT offerings and I like the idea of a box that can give me all the YouView channels, along with Netflix, Amazon & Now.
I wonder if any people in the know might be able to answer a couple of questions.

Can the current BT offering output in 5.1? That is probably a silly question - I have a 5.1 setup and I do enjoy surround sound from Netflix & Amazon.
BT can also sell you a discounted Netflix subscription, they mention it is the UHD package. So I'm assuming that the box is 4k compatible?
Will I be able to watch both Netflix and Amazon Prime 4k through this box? I only ask as I know Amazon seem to be picky about which devices can actually access their 4k library.
I'm assuming there is no Dolby Vision capabilities on the BT box, however does it support HDR10?

I currently use a PS4 Pro for Netflix (4k) and Amazon (HD) - I lose out on Dolby Vision, but still get HDR (I do have a Dolby Vision TV). The Sky Q box doesn't do HDR as we all know, but just wondered if this BT box can?

Cheers for any input.

Yes to everything apart from no HDR. On sign up you need to enquire about a BT T4000 box, as thats the only one that does 4K. Hope that helps.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom