Bt wifi discs and harmony Hub

TheFridge

Established Member
Reaction score
Good morning, I have the BT wifi discs which I just got and I wanted to set up my harmony elite. The harmony only works on 2.4gz apparently so I can't see to keep it connected.
I handed to add devises and one routine but it's really unstable.

Is there any solution as I don't believe the BT disc allow you to seperate the 2.4 and 5 ghz

Good morning, I have the BT wifi discs which I just got and I wanted to set up my harmony elite. The harmony only works on 2.4gz apparently so I can't see to keep it connected.
I handed to add devises and one routine but it's really unstable.

Is there any solution as I don't believe the BT disc allow you to seperate the 2.4 and 5 ghz
I believe you've got to turn off 5ghz entirely.

I got fed up trying to fix this problem and bought a new router.

It's an old house with thick walls hense the needing of a mesh system to try get it down here to the extension.
I just sold an Asus router to get the mesh 🙈🙈.
I didnt feel the router would reach down here.

Everytime I open the app it asks me to set it up again and login.

I have not set up a BT While Home system, but if red lights means that disc has lost its connection then it sounds like you need to find better locations and use any tools in the app to check the reported signal levels which might help identify best placement. If you cannot line up discs with the openings in the house layout then your only option may be to add more mesh modes to improve the signal in between each node.

Just because the units “mesh” they still use the same wifi standards as any other wifi equipment, so they will suffer just as much in your environment as any other wifi kit.

I have not set up a BT While Home system, but if red lights means that disc has lost its connection ...
I think TheFridge is referring to his Harmony Hub showing a red light, and the Harmony App. not connecting to it.

I don't remember doing anything special when setting up on the new WiFi SSID provided by the BT Discs.
TheFridge : Are you connecting the Harmony to the main BT WH SSID (and not the Guest Network) ?

Funny you should say, I do have an issue with using my Netgear managed switch. I have to use a unmanaged switch purely for the discs to get them to work correctly.

I have just had FTTP with Smart Hub 2. I can't connect either of my Harmony Hubs. Tried turning off 5Ghz but no joy. Just won't find it when you scan. Even tried to factory reset the hub. Still won't connect. Any ideas?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom