BT Voyager 2100

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Michaelknell, Mar 22, 2006.

  1. Michaelknell

    Michaelknell
    Banned

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,328
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    41
    Ratings:
    +15
    I have two PC's connected to the net with this router; one wired and the other wireless using the 1040 adapter. I also have a 360 connected. I am on a 2mb connection with plus.net. Is there anyway I can restrict the two PC's so that one of them won't always affect the other. The reason I ask is because if one is on and is downloading (especially on p2p programmes) the other PC runs as if it is downloading itself, and might aswell be on dial-up.
     
  2. triplea4uk

    triplea4uk
    Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2002
    Messages:
    2,018
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Location:
    Northants
    Ratings:
    +85
    If you can get the wireless PC using wire aswell you get better constant rates.

    Your sharing the bandwith thats why this is happening all you can do is reduce your download rates so it doesn't hog the line or just not download.
     
  3. Michaelknell

    Michaelknell
    Banned

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,328
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    41
    Ratings:
    +15
    Unfortuantely wired would be impossible. I was kind of hoping (but not expecting) I could tell my router to limit pc1 to max 80% of total bandiwith and pc2 to max 80% of total bandwith, so even at full capacity either is only using 80%, leaving 20% free for the other PC.
     
  4. triplea4uk

    triplea4uk
    Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2002
    Messages:
    2,018
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Location:
    Northants
    Ratings:
    +85
    Just set your p2p program so it only uses 80% of your line at max then that will have same affect.
     
  5. Michaelknell

    Michaelknell
    Banned

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,328
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    41
    Ratings:
    +15
    How can you do that with Azureus?
     
  6. triplea4uk

    triplea4uk
    Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2002
    Messages:
    2,018
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Location:
    Northants
    Ratings:
    +85
    It lets you put in custom upload and download.
    Try setting your down to say 200 and up to say 14.
     
  7. Michaelknell

    Michaelknell
    Banned

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,328
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    41
    Ratings:
    +15
    I will try but I can't see it working as most of the time it is only downloading at most 150kb/s anyway. Both PC's still run slow. I will try iy though. Thanks a lot for the advice.
     
  8. Michaelknell

    Michaelknell
    Banned

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,328
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    41
    Ratings:
    +15
    So that doesn't work, any other ideas?
     

Share This Page

Loading...