• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Bt Vision - Would it cost me, and could i get it?

hamd01

I'm currently with Plus.net, and am looking to move away. I'm getting around 3Mb.

First question: Would 3Mb be sufficient for BT Vision, as some people seem to be saying you need 2Meg, and some say 4Meg.

Second Question: I know I would need to move to BT Broadband in order to get BT Vision, which I'm happy to do at the moment. However, I dont want to be paying an installation fee for BT Vision, or paying anything for the box. Is this possible?

Last question: Since I cant get cable, and dont want to be paying for SKY....is this worth having?

russ9898

Hi,

If you download quite abit...id avoid bt if i were you they traffic shape heavily in the evening..sometimes lucky to get over 25k/sec.

The BT vision side of things, weve been with BT for a few years and managed to wangle a free homehub, BT vision box and free installation, as far as i know if you agree to a 12month subscription contract they will install and supply the box for free, this is were we got lucky as we have no subscription.

Maybe as a new customer you could haggle this deal?

whether its worth it or not...i cant comment yet im afraid as ours isnt being installed until a week on sat.

beerhunter

Distinguished Member
You have to move to BT Broadband and that will involve signing up to BT BB for 12 or 18 months. (Depending on the price package that you choose.) You slo have to have a BT Home Hub. (Part of the Ts & Cs.) You can eihter buy that for £30 with BT BB Option One or get it foe free with the other two packages.

There is no subscription required for BT Vision. The BT Vision box is free but has a £30 connection fee and a £60 installation fee. There is a self-install project on at the moment and BT signed people up to that for nothing.

Others have had BT Vision boxes given to them to keep them with BT BB and I had my money refunded because of the enormous trouble that the box used to give. (They are now pretty good.)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom