• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

BT Vision loop through

pantages

I use a Humax YouView stb and I'm considering taking the BT Vision YouView stb also. Will I be able to loop through one or the other so I can record on both boxes? (My intention is to ditch Sky as I can't justify the cost. I also have Freesat on my tv.)

MarkE19

As long as the box is set to not fully power down in standby then it will still passthrough the RF signal.
Settings > Device Management > Eco-mode = low

Mark.

pantages

Thank you Mark. Deciding now whether to go to BT or buy another YouView box. YouView is excellent and doesn't really give much less than BT.

pantages

Yes, you are right! I will do that. But first I have to stop myself being persuaded to stay with Sky! Will power into gear.... :) I guess it would make sense to let the Ethernet connection go to the BT box and not the Humax?

pantages

Thanks again. BT Infinity is not due in my area yet. (Rural Lincolnshire) My guess is it will be available later this year.

VisionMan

Distinguished Member
Thanks for that info. Though even on ADSL you can use both, subject to line speed (about 6Mbps would be required).

pantages

Thanks for that info. Though even on ADSL you can use both, subject to line speed (about 6Mbps would be required).

Is currently 9.34Mb, more than adequate.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom