• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

BT Vision guide problems?

Anyone had guide problems since the weekend?

Getting nothing coming up in the guides and programs are recording and showing up in the Vision guide with a blank name?

Box is also taking a LONG while to show any picture from switching on and sometimes displays a HDCP handshake error.

Eurgh! Any ideas please?

theo cupier

Established Member
The guide downloads via broadband. Check your homeplug connections and maybe restart your Home Hub.

Have you also been getting RO3 type errors when trying to record, because that's the same underlying problem.

I've had the HDCP handshake error, the only thing I've seen that can work is to try playing around with turning the TV on before the BTV box, so that the TV is fully powered up before you switch BTV on. If that doesn't help, try it the other way around - get the BTV box fully powered up before turning the TV on.

I HAVE to get my TV on before the BTV box otherwise I seem to get all sorts of bizarre errors like the BTV box doing a soft reset. But the upshot of this is living with HDCP handshake warnings, although they disappear after a few seconds when everything sorts itself out.

I have a feeling that BT don't really know what they're doing with HDMI.

Could be the BB as I've noticed a speed drop... will do a speed test and check it out.. thanks!

The guide downloads via broadband. Check your homeplug connections and maybe restart your Home Hub.

Have you also been getting RO3 type errors when trying to record, because that's the same underlying problem.

I've had the HDCP handshake error, the only thing I've seen that can work is to try playing around with turning the TV on before the BTV box, so that the TV is fully powered up before you switch BTV on. If that doesn't help, try it the other way around - get the BTV box fully powered up before turning the TV on.

I HAVE to get my TV on before the BTV box otherwise I seem to get all sorts of bizarre errors like the BTV box doing a soft reset. But the upshot of this is living with HDCP handshake warnings, although they disappear after a few seconds when everything sorts itself out.

I have a feeling that BT don't really know what they're doing with HDMI.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom