BT Vision - any good ?

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by kbj242, Sep 16, 2007.

1. kbj242

kbj242

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Evenin all. Just a thought. Anyone got any experience of the BTV service ?
    Its occured to me that I currently pay Sky & Setanta a total of £46 per month. In truth, we mainly watch the regular channels (as in Freeview) and the sports (mainly football & golf).

This being the case, the BTV package of £12 per month looks an ideal and significantly cheaper alternative (and we get excellent Freeview reception here too). I know there have been glitches along the way since it launched.

Any experienced users of BTVision care to post some thoughts ? Have things stabilised now ?

TIA.

2. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,369
    Good forum on digitalspy dedicated to BT Vision:-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=168

You should get some good feedback there. I believe most of the BT Vision threads on these forums can be found in the freeview forum.

I don't have it, I'd love to but you have to have BT Broadband to get it therefore I guess until that changes I never will have it (as I wouldn't go near BT Broadband if they paid me).

3. Kopacabana

Kopacabana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Is there any way to download HDD content onto a PC?

4. gforce85

gforce85

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    i have bt vision, and i have had enough of it. it was great for first couple of weeks when it worked fine but since then my homplugs have stopped working and bt cant fix it over the phone, iv spent several night splaying with them and nothing, it worked however if i have it in my bedroom where i cAN plaug it directly into my hub.

its a good idea, i ran setanta and sports package through it and the quality of the games on demand were good, iv 8mb bb btw. but i felt the whole built of the box was poor, turnong it on takes about 5 minutes, the freeview channels cant be edited, my itv and channel 4 are at channel 813 or something. so until they improve it big time il be cancerlling my subscription. it is a free box tho but it doesnt run unless you have it plugged into your hub so u cant even just use it for free.