BT Vision 2nd Oct

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by Flash80, Sep 11, 2007.

1. jonbull

jonbull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As soon as my broadband's up and running I'll sign up for it. :)

2. Phil Jones

Phil Jones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I installed BT vision at home the other day no problem, but actually don't need it because I have sky+ (only got it because BT rang up and offered it to me for free).

So i took it round to my mum's house so she could use it, but i cannot install it there. Just keep getting a C03 error and some diagnostic info. She doesn't have a new home hub, but a BT HG1800 instead. however, from reading here I understand that despite what BT say, the V box will work with routers other than the new home hub?

anyone got any ideas what i'm doing wrong? i have tried it 2 separate days with full resets of both the box and the router..

3. SeanT

SeanT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +368
    As above, various times, it won't even switch on if it isn't connected to a BT Vision enabled BT Total Broadband line - nothing to do with the router, to do with the phone line.

4. Flash80

Flash80

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Well now had the box for about 2 weeks and the problems are creeping in. The box won't switch on, hanging up and now getting a NR01, BE01 error codes. Very disappointed in the product. Everyday when i come home i never know if the product will switch on or need resetting. Would not recommend this product, so glad i never paid for it

5. SeanT

SeanT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +368
    Are you leaving it on standby or turning it off at the mains?

6. Flash80

Flash80

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    i have done both. Last night i left it on as the previous night i left it on standby and the next day it wouldn't switch on :mad:
    Just fed up with it now so back in the box with it. Not going to waste my time with the piece of rubbish

7. Folo30

Folo30

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I have Bt vision for about a month now and everythings been fine untill this week. .when changing channels the screen will go blank after about 5 seconds

8. Dwayne Benzie

Dwayne Benzie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I got offered this vision thingy free this after noon, I'll see how it goes but if its as bad as people say I won't be losing any sleep, you get what you pay for, which in this case is nowt :thumbsup:

9. adamp9

adamp9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Flash 80 was it a self install kit or engineer? A NR01 error is a factory reset being performed a BE01 error normally idicates that there is a lack of/slow speed BB connection. If it was a self instll try and reconfigure your powerline adaptors if it was engineer call the helpdesk as it looks like theres a connection issue

10. SeanT

SeanT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +368
    If it is a powerline kit then make sure that they aren't plugged into a surge protected extension lead - this stops it from working...

11. dunks517

dunks517

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +516
    Wait on Shadowman!! you can't be called an average user!! ;)

12. RoddyKFC

RoddyKFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I've had mine for 2 days (in bedroom as i've got Sky+ downstairs). Easy to install and worked first time. Only problem is that, even when on standby, it is akin to a harrier taking off due to the fan running constantly. Just can't live with it!!! Probably be OK in a living room but it was driving me mad at night so i had to switch it off.

I've seen some articles on web where folk have disconnected the fan but dont fancy doing that. I'll just plug in my old sky box again. Peace and quiet!!

RoddyKFC

13. dmiller

dmiller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've just accepted one for free from BT. getting it next week for the bedroom as already have sky + downstairs. Is that right about the fan being on constantly? even when in standby mode? That's gonna do my head in!

14. RoddyKFC

RoddyKFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Well, unless there's something wrong with mine!! I read on t'internet about people disconnecting the fans so it must be a common problem i think. It's a phillips box i think, not sure if any different ones out there.

15. SeanT

SeanT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +368
    All Phillips boxes, all have a fan, none get particularly warm either ;)

16. grahama

grahama
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    May be a stupid question but can I plug a BT Vision box via HDMI into a monitor (such as a Iiyama PLB2403WS-B1) ? or do I have to plug it into a TV ?

I'm not sure if a TV would deal with upscaling/downscaling etc. and the monitor might not.

Thanks for your help...

17. dmiller

dmiller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Just to give you an update. All installed easily, powerline adaptors work fine even on an extension. As people have said previously, didn't need to use the official BT Hub (as already have BT Broadband). stuck with my Ozenda router. Fan not too bad either. you can hear it up close but didn't bother me at night. It's a poor mans sky plus but perfect for a second TV. Especially as it was free.

18. SeanT

SeanT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +368
    It's not a stupid question - it depends entirely on whether the monitor can accept 720p (ie. 1280x720 - quite likely) or 1080i (1920x1080 interlaced - rather unlikely) over DVI. Having just looked up this panel (having already written the general advice) it seems that a 1900x1200 HDMI TFT should handle it fine - still haven't personally confirmed the exact nature of the HDMI output mind, but it apparently works just fine...

19. GMEL

GMEL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I'm hoping for some help here as i received my BT vision box yesterday and have the dreaded C03 error code every time i try it including full re-boots, spent 2 & 1/2 hours on the phone to a very helpful girl who tried every trickshe knew and to be fair, yes it was a long time on the phone, but she did try....from looking around this appears to be quite a common problem. She said she has filled out a form to enable a engineer to contact me, i'm hoping this will not be too await, although i notice there are a few engineers on this site,....can anyone assist?

Thanks in advance