BT UHD Box - Netflix - Optical and ARC - 5.1

Hank_Marvin

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, please help me
16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I got a Philips pus6410 4k tv recently. It has two 2.2 hdmi ports and a further two 1.4, all support ARC.

If I connect BT UHD Box to my onkyo 609 av receiver I get 5.1 from live tv and also netflix, bt online etc, all fine, but! the amp can only do 1080p.

So I connected bt uhd to tv 2.2 hdmi 1 and I get lovely 4k but with an arc hdmi cable back to amp or optical back to amp netflix will only send stereo, live tv provides 5.1 with either connection.

But why the devil can't netflix do 5.1 over arc or optical, can anyone else confirm this too?

What am I missing?

Thanks a lot

Sounds like your TV won't pass multichannel audio from an external HDMI input. It might be worth checking the TV configuration, but it seems like you may need an HDMI splitter of some sort, so you can feed both the TV and amp. from the BT box. It might also be worth checking with Philips.

Clem

Sounds like your TV won't pass multichannel audio from an external HDMI input
Could this be by design for some copyright reason? (Idle speculation)

Thing is I get the same issue when using optical straight from the bt box to amp.

Only time netflix 5.1 works is bt box straight to amp via hdmi and amp to tv via hdmi but then I only get 1080p.

I actually updated the tv last night and it sends 5.1 in netflix back to amp fine via optical, haven't tried arc again yet.

Last edited:
When did Netflix on YouView be updated to include 5.1 SS?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom