BT TV launches Ultra HD Sports Channel & 1TB Ultra HD YouView+ Box

VisionMan

Distinguished Member
This channel will be 'broadcast' over BT Infinity only not satellite (not enough bandwidth) and requires a UHD T4000 BT YouView box. £49 for existing BT TV customers, free for new. Hard wire connection required. If you already have a hard wire connection there is a zero pound install option. If not BT will send an installer around to set it up for a £44 connection fee.

whitesnake11

My BT sports UHD is installed tomorrow between 12 and 3pm, can't wait to see what it's capable of, mind I don't expect 4k material until 2/8:)

westham

My BT sports UHD is installed tomorrow between 12 and 3pm, can't wait to see what it's capable of, mind I don't expect 4k material until 2/8:)

You will be fine - check the BT Player when you get it and the channel itself ;)

whitesnake11

jont

bt.com/ultrahd

westham

silverback1

HDCP2.2 maybe a stumbling block, reading through alot of the threads on here it sounds like I may have an issue, the tv's hdmi4 stands on it's own which i think means I may have to buy into the Sony X5 add on box to get the HDCP2.2 but not 100% sure on that......my processor is 2/3 years old so guessing that will not support HDCP2.2...looking like things are not so straight forward!....why does that not surprise me!!..

1080 jawbreaker

This channel will be 'broadcast' over BT Infinity only not satellite (not enough bandwidth) and requires a UHD T4000 BT YouView box. £49 for existing BT TV customers, free for new. Hard wire connection required. If you already have a hard wire connection there is a zero pound install option. If not BT will send an installer around to set it up for a £44 connection fee.

BT will let sky do all the monkey work for UHD via sat. Is the bt box UHD phase 2 compliant?

Mike78695

Were did you see the zero pound install option ? i already have a hardwired connection near my tv but BT are insisting they need someone to come out.

soupdragon

Distinguished Member
HDCP2.2 maybe a stumbling block, reading through alot of the threads on here it sounds like I may have an issue, the tv's hdmi4 stands on it's own which i think means I may have to buy into the Sony X5 add on box to get the HDCP2.2 but not 100% sure on that......my processor is 2/3 years old so guessing that will not support HDCP2.2...looking like things are not so straight forward!....why does that not surprise me!!..
Hdmi cable from box to tv, optical cable to amp...sound and video sorted?

westham

Spoke with BT and managed to get them to agree to me installing the box myself.

Nice one, 'plug in' is a more appropriate term for this task! Keep an eyeon your HDMI ports though as for some TV's not all offer the full 4k path.

qfk123

I use my own router with BT infinity 2 and hoping that won't be a problem with the 4K if I upgrade.

To those who have got the 4K box are their any UHD demo loops currently showing.

BingoBongo275

Just had a call from the BT engineer who's coming tomorrow. He says since it's early days BT is saying everything needs to be played 'by the book', i.e. a physical connection between my router and the Youview box.

Trouble is my Router is several rooms away (would be ugly to cable) which is why I've been using (very successfully I might add) a BT500 Powerline, which has been streaming Netflix 4k without any issues. He's already said that's a 'no no'.

Any thoughts?

TJT1

No, but the BT geezer might have some tomorrow:)

BingoBongo275

Apparently there's two of them coming as it's their first install!

Can Ethernet cable go round the outside of a house or does it have to be inside?

soupdragon

Distinguished Member
Apparently there's two of them coming as it's their first install!

Can Ethernet cable go round the outside of a house or does it have to be inside?
Both connections are indoors so should be OK is my guess...

BingoBongo275

Both connections are indoors so should be OK is my guess...

Thanks Soupdragon, yeah I just phoned a comms mate of mine and he said it shouldn't be a problem. Let's hope they bring a decent drill or I'm stuffed - her indoors doesn't want it going all the way through the house!

The latest video from AVForums

LG SP11RA Soundbar Review Coming Soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Harman Luxury Audio Group releases updated MusicLife app
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Q Acoustics announces Q Active app availability
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
TCL introduces Roku smart TVs for UK
  • By Andy Bassett