BT Sport lands for Virgin Viewers

Discussion in 'News' started by hodg100, Aug 15, 2013.

1. hodg100

hodg100
    Reviewer & News Writer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,457
    Free to XL Customers

Whilst many others have already been given the chance to sample BT's new Sports Channels, Virgin customers have been feeling left out in the cold but that's no more, as the two have announced a three year deal to bring the channels to Virgin.

The agreement allows Virgin customers to watch BT Sport from this weekend, the release reads, but the channels are already in place in slots 547-550.

The agreement will allow Virgin to provide BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 and ESPN to their XL TV customers as part of their packages, for nothing, and in High Definition. It also enables Virgin to offer the channels as a standalone premium service to TV customers who do not take the XL pack, similar to BT’s offer to satellite TV customers who do not have BT broadband and who can pay £12 a month for the channels via satellite or £15 a month in HD.

[​IMG]

Marc Watson, BT TV chief executive said today: “I am delighted we have signed a deal with Virgin Media that increases the audience for BT Sport to around three million homes overnight. BT is rewarding its loyal customers with free sport and it is great to see Virgin Media immediately making BT Sport available to so many of their customers.

BT Sport will show 38 exclusively live football matches from the Barclays Premier League, including 18 of the ‘top picks’, for each of the next three seasons. The channels will also show live FA Cup with Budweiser matches for the next five seasons.

Attached Files:

2. limblee

limblee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
  3. Legendary

Legendary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Fantastic news now if we could get skysports 3/4/F1/News in HD I will be happy :)

4. mentasm

mentasm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    They have the Aviva Premiership as well. If only they could wrest the England games away from Sky - I wouldn't have to make special arrangements to watch them or put up with Stuart Barnes commentating!

5. KiLLiNG-TiME

KiLLiNG-TiME

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,573
    Great news for a virgin MotoGP fan, but I have to say the BT's dog is the worst I have ever seen.

6. ScottB

ScottB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    The pic from the BTS HD channels is the best I've seen from TiVo.