BT Mobile -opinions.

Ibwas going to go with them but forgot to cancel my current plan.

We use them at work well the business version and its fine (EE).

I have just recently switched over to BT mobile but it is too early to say really. Should be good coverage as it is essentially EE...just cheaper!

I've been with BT for around 6 months, not had a single issue. It's a 12m contract, I think I get unlimited minutes, texts and 20gb 4g data for £20 a month, and when I signed up through quidco they gave me £100 back which tracked and was paid. Runs through EE as stated before.

I switched to BT mobile from giffgaff and so far so good. The 4G speeds from giffgaff were shocking, I was lucky to get above 2.5mb. On BT I get between 15-30mb depending where I am. Also as an existing BT customer it's only £10 a month (500 mins, unlimited texts and 3GB of data) so cheaper than giffgaff too.

Last edited:
As a BT broadband customer I was tempted to jump ship from my current Vodafone but what stopped me was BT don't allow tethering.

No tethering means I'll never switch to them, no matter how good their deals are. Ludicrous decision to limit it.

Brining up an old discussion but those on BT Mobile how is it now you've been on for a while?

Brining up an old discussion but those on BT Mobile how is it now you've been on for a while?

I have no complaints. 4G is very fast and I have found their customer services to be really good when I've needed to query anything. Also from the 1st June you will be able to use your mobile data, calls and texts in over 40 countries.

Last edited:
Been with BT Mobile from the beginning no problems,on 20GB plan.

Just left as soon as my 12 months was up, great outside, no signal inside due to the bandwidth they use.

Get a deal with EE, call quality and data speed/availability are poles apart and for the odd occasion you don't get a signal with EE you can call and text on wifi, on the numerous occasions you don't have signal with BT you are stuffed! Strange considering BT own EE but that's my experience after 8 months of BT following many years with Orange/EE

Nothing to do with the frequency either as the frequency bands used by BT Mobile (800MHz, 1800MHz & 2600MHz) are exactly the same as EE's and they use the exact same infrastructure.
If you had a great signal outside but poor inside it can only be the building materials used, insulation, wall thickness etc that was attenuating the signal.

Just left as soon as my 12 months was up, great outside, no signal inside due to the bandwidth they use.

Can't say I've experienced this tbh. There again live in Kent work in London so pretty much have a 4g or 3g signal everywhere

Nothing to do with the frequency either as the frequency bands used by BT Mobile (800MHz, 1800MHz & 2600MHz) are exactly the same as EE's and they use the exact same infrastructure.
If you had a great signal outside but poor inside it can only be the building materials used, insulation, wall thickness etc that was attenuating the signal.
Ee have only just started to implement 800mghz and don't have much coverage with it, the majority of their coverage is the 1800 and 2600 which doesn't penetrate buildings as well as as 800mghz which is why in my area I now have excellent signal inside and out since switching to o2.

Ee repeatedly tell customers with poor indoor signal that "Ee do not guarantee indoor signal"

Ee have only just started to implement 800mghz and don't have much coverage with it, the majority of their coverage is the 1800 and 2600 which doesn't penetrate buildings as well as as 800mghz which is why in my area I now have excellent signal inside and out since switching to o2.

Ee repeatedly tell customers with poor indoor signal that "Ee do not guarantee indoor signal"

Be interested to know which area of the country you live in, because ironically I moved from O2 to BT due to either dropping down to G or E+ outside.

Even with a 4g signal data was unusable where I live.

Pretty sure that's the response you'll get from any mobile operator if customers complain of poor indoor reception.

Be interested to know which area of the country you live in, because ironically I moved from O2 to BT due to either dropping down to G or E+ outside.

Even with a 4g signal data was unusable where I live.

I agree, I was with GiffGaff and that runs off the O2 network and since switching BT has far better coverage.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom