• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

BT Master Socket Wiring Prob!

photoboy72

Standard Member
Hi I wonder if anyone can help!
Just moved into an old farmhouse and although the broadband works fine on the test socket it seems as though there is an internal extension problem with the BT socket as the BT homehub doesn't get connection on anything other than the test socket. Inside the green is going 2 yellow to 4 and black to 5 but there is also a red or orange that isn't connected to anything. I am guessing this is the problem, but does anyone know where it actually should be!!?
Many thanks in advance....

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
The only wires that are needed is 2 & 5. And if the correct cable was used it would be a Blue/white (or just blue) on 2 and 2 on every other socket and White/Blue (or just white) on 5 and 5 on every other socket. Pin 3 is used for old phones that require a bell circuit so if your phones ring then leave 3 detached.
So it sounds to me as if you have a homebrew DIY job for telephone wiring.

Telephones UK - Wiring Information

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom