• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

BT Line required?

Gilli01

When you read/see/hear companies offering broadband you generally her the term "BT line required". I'm currently with sky for both my telephone and broadband and was thinking of changing and saving a few quid.

My question is this do you need t have a BT line for broadband or can I keep my Sky line and use another service provider? does it have to be BT?

cheers

accyuklad

Banned
well they all seem to say you after have bt line but i not sure if o2 will let you off you could always ask if you was to go for them

beerhunter

Distinguished Member
All the Local Loops (lines to premises) are ownned by BT. ofcom require BT to allow other Service Providers access to those lines. Technically it doesn't matter to whom you pay your Line Rental. So you could have Line Rental with one company and Broadband from another. I have customers in that very position. However some ISPs insist that the line rental is to BT. In other words you have to ask the ISP in each case.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom