BT Installation fee just £124.99

ukbootlegs

My pal just moved into a flat with a BT socket but apparently it has never been connected.

BT state that the iInstallation fee is £124.99

Is there any way to get around this?

Cheers

mrtbag

Novice Member
My brother recently had a similar thing. New flats, had all the connections inside, just needed wiring into the exchange. He took their broadband out at the same time and they cut it to £50.

If you just want a telephone line without any of their services, 125 notes is "normal".

ukbootlegs

Thieving buggers

OK, he doesn't want BT broadband coz he gets it free from Orange, so anyone have any other ideas?

Intya

Novice Member
You could ask them why the same installation cost me £74.99 just under two years ago. That's a hell of a price hike! I only took my phone line with them, not my ADSL at the time.

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
My pal just moved into a flat with a BT socket but apparently it has never been connected.

BT state that the iInstallation fee is £124.99

Is there any way to get around this?

Cheers
Presumably it's his property? (i.e. he's not renting)

Kebabhead

Novice Member
Does he live in a VirginMedia area?

if so they charge £25 to install a phone line

Singh400

Distinguished Member
Yup we payed 125 quid aswell. Didn't know VM installed phone lines otherwise, I would have rung them up.

hornydragon

You could ask them why the same installation cost me £74.99 just under two years ago. That's a hell of a price hike! I only took my phone line with them, not my ADSL at the time.
i was charged £70 for an install in a flat i was renting but when i moved i didnt have to pay anything as the property i moved too had previously had a BT line which had been burried under the walls when itwas refrubed so £125 does seem steep perhaps try negotiating or look for offer online and in the papers

Kebabhead

Novice Member
Yup we payed 125 quid aswell. Didn't know VM installed phone lines otherwise, I would have rung them up.
Yep say here (under legal stuff)

They'll even give you Free Digital TV at no extra costs

Blimey I'm sounding more like one of their sales reps :rolleyes:

IronGiant

Just to be clear, Virgin will install a cable which will allow you access to their phone packages, and their broadband network access and TV if you want it. You cannot use it for any services that require a BT phone line. You can connect a modem and dial-up any provider that way of course.

Dave

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom