BT Infinity Drop Outs

BarryMcKelvey

Distinguished Member
Hi

Ive been having drop out on my BT Home Hub 5 for a few months. Drop outs were happening over WiFi so I decided to hard wire all my gear. Even over ethernet I was still having drop outs. After speaking to BT for a few weeks, I had an engineer sent out on Friday.

The engineer was very thorough. Test my BT socket, checked the junction boxes out on the street and also checked the cabinet. He couldn't find any fault or explain why I was getting drop out even using ethernet.

He gave me a BT Home Hub 3 to trial over the next few days. I have to say, so far the Home Hub 3 has been a lot more stable and Ive had no drop outs over WiFi or ethernet.

While this is great, Im not happy at having to take a back step from a Home Hub 5 to a Home Hub 3. Im losing out on gigabit ports, 5Ghz WiFi and AC WiFi. Im supposed to be getting a call from BT tomorrow evening. Any ideas where I can go from here or what BT will offer?

Ive also noticed that when I go to 192.168.1.254 my Home Hub 3 username is, [email protected]

When i had a Home Hub 3 previously the username was, [email protected]

Why the different username?

Thanks

Baz

mapiow

Standard Member
Hi

Ive been having drop out on my BT Home Hub 5 for a few months. Drop outs were happening over WiFi so I decided to hard wire all my gear. Even over ethernet I was still having drop outs. After speaking to BT for a few weeks, I had an engineer sent out on Friday.

The engineer was very thorough. Test my BT socket, checked the junction boxes out on the street and also checked the cabinet. He couldn't find any fault or explain why I was getting drop out even using ethernet.

He gave me a BT Home Hub 3 to trial over the next few days. I have to say, so far the Home Hub 3 has been a lot more stable and Ive had no drop outs over WiFi or ethernet.

While this is great, Im not happy at having to take a back step from a Home Hub 5 to a Home Hub 3. Im losing out on gigabit ports, 5Ghz WiFi and AC WiFi. Im supposed to be getting a call from BT tomorrow evening. Any ideas where I can go from here or what BT will offer?

Ive also noticed that when I go to 192.168.1.254 my Home Hub 3 username is, [email protected]

When i had a Home Hub 3 previously the username was, [email protected]

Why the different username?

Thanks

Baz
BT Does not seem to have any fix for the Home Hub 5, me and many others have been frustrated by BT lack of interest or care BT have shown, you are lucky if the one they send or install works!!
I have given my hub 5 away and now use a ASUS RT-N66U connected to the open-reach modem.
Has now been stable for 38 days.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom