BT Infinity Deal Issue

Bakey

Prominent Member
Reaction score
We were on a rolling contract for BT Infinity 2. The price had increased to £61 a month so my husband phoned them Wednesday. We've tried before without much success to get a better deal but this time he managed to get it down to £51.99 with BT Sport 1 via our Sky Box and a home hub 5 included (we have a hub 3). BT Sport still hadn't been activated today so I phoned them, after the usual hassle of being passed to 3 different departments I was finally told BT Sport couldn't be included for free but they could add it for £5 instead of £6, this wasn't even HD they wanted another £5 for that. My point was we were told we could have the sports channel so they should honour it but they wouldn't budge. Not impressed, we have Sky Sports anyway but it's the principle. Not sure there's much I can do but I'm not giving up.

I tweeted about it and BT Care sent me a link to live chat. Wasn't expecting much but thought I may as well try, after explaining what had happened they phoned me and put me through to the correct department. This time the man I spoke to was really helpful and managed to add the BT sports lite pack for free as we were offered, he also confirmed we'll get the new hub next week. My main issue is that I spent 1 1/2 hours today on the phone to 4 different departments to get this resolved which is ridiculous, BT really don't make things easy for themselves.

I'd be asking for a home hub 6 and not a home hub 5 if I were you
Tried but they wouldn't include it with that deal, wanted to charge an extra £8 a month if wanted one.

I renewed my BT Infinity 2 and line rental online then saw a review of their latest HH6...the "Smart Hub" (I had the HH5) and read it was free to existing customers who renew so I phoned them and asked for one. They agreed and sent one out...I had to pay for delivery (around £7.95 or thereabouts).
They sent me an email with details of my new package and I noticed they had charged me £50 for the smart hub plus the delivery charge so I phoned and complained, I told the guy that any reviews of the smart hub ( e.g. Uswitch) state that it is free to existing customers who renew, he put me on hold while he checked and then agreed and refunded the £50.

On a separate note, I noticed I was getting charged £1.75 per month for caller display on my calls package and again noticed an advert stating this is also free to customers renewing their line rental (I pay it upfront yearly) so this time I used the "Contact Us" facility to raise a complaint.
This resulted in a very quick reply where the guy dealing with it tried to phone me on my BT landline but I was away from home so he emailed me and after a bit of an exchange of details refunded the previous 2 months charges and made sure I'd get it for free from now on.

We received an email yesterday saying if we renewed we could get the smart hub for free. Phoned them and was told we couldn't get it with the discount and would have to pay the full monthly charge which is fair enough. He said if we wanted the smart hub it would be £50 which works out a lot cheaper for us than paying full and getting a free one. Left it for now but I can order it from them at any time.

I phoned this week as I'm out of contract, the best they could do was £25.50 for infinity 2 unlimited but they also wanted £50 plus p&p for the HH6.
Told them I would leave it for now as its not a great deal for a 2 year contract and their competitors are cheaper.
I noticed today that sky are doing infinity 2 for £15 a month for 12 month contract and £25 per at contract end with new hub.... Very tempted.

Last edited:
I phoned this week as I'm out of contract, the best they could do was £25.50 for infinity 2 unlimited but they also wanted £50 plus p&p for the HH6.
Told them I would leave it for now as its not a great deal for a 2 year contract and their competitors are cheaper.
I noticed today that sky are doing infinity 2 for £15 a month for 12 month contract with new hub.... Very tempted.
That's a good deal from Sky, unfortunately we can't get their version of infinity 2 here, or Virgin Media. Really our only options at the moment at BT or Plusnet.

I noticed today that sky are doing infinity 2 for £15 a month for 12 month contract and £25 per at contract end with new hub.... Very tempted.

In the same boat as you! Was paying £66 for Infinity 2 and TV and best they could do was take £10 off and downgrade me to Infinity 1

Phoned Sky and am getting their 76mb Internet for £15 plus line rental and the new Sky 3.0 Q Router for £20 as I am a new broadband customer

In the same boat as you! Was paying £66 for Infinity 2 and TV and best they could do was take £10 off and downgrade me to Infinity 1

Phoned Sky and am getting their 76mb Internet for £15 plus line rental and the new Sky 3.0 Q Router for £20 as I am a new broadband customer

Are Sky charging you £49 setup fee?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom