BT Infinity - blocking MAC address, possible?

RoadieAV

Standard Member
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had found a way to block MAC addresses for people using the BT infinity home hub?
I can set BT access control but i'd prefer to just set the system to allow all our own wireless devices only. My son has a tendancy to give out our wireless password to his friends everytime they come round. Is a new wireless the only option, if so which one will allow this specific function that isn't going to break the bank?

JuzzyD

Change the phrase, enter it yourself into all your devices and not tell your son what it is - problem gone then! (you will have to change the admin password on the router as well...).

RoadieAV

Standard Member
I wish it was that simple but the x-box needs to have the password entered every time it goes online and that isn't something I will be on hand to do.

ncmoody

I wish it was that simple but the x-box needs to have the password entered every time it goes online and that isn't something I will be on hand to do.
Hard wire the Xbox and use the solution above.
If wiring is a problem then use a couple of homeplugs - cheaper than a new router with MAC id security.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom