• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

BT Infinity 40Gb limit, charged £56! They cant produce evidence

smallclanger

Prominent Member
So we have the deal with the 40Gb limit and we do get close to it most months but have only gone over once before.

The month in question I got a new laptop which did a Windows8->10 upgrade and I got carried away installing a couple of free games from steam and development tools like Visual Studio 2015 etc.
I know this would use a lot more usage up but an extra 55Gb!!?
When I complained they refused to make available any information about download usage on a per site basis etc.

Their policy sucks as well, you get one email warning on 28Gb as I was near the end of the month I didn't worry as I couldn't imagine using 12Gb in a few days. The next email is a few weeks later confirming they are adding a charge of £56, no email when we went over or for each extra 5Gb charged.

Has anyone else had problems like this?

wormvortex

Distinguished Member
12GB is nothing really. The windows 10 upgrade is around 3GB and a single game could be way over that. Even a 40min tv show @1080p will average 1-2GB.

Edit: Looking online and Visual Studio Community 2015 is a 3.7 GB download.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom